Pirate 4x4 banner
41 - 60 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Rear Fusion Dana 60 came in. 5.38, ARB, big brakes, chromo shafts, 1/2” wall tubes, etc.

Front steering arms came too. These things are massive. Keyed and use six ARP studs with springless design and double sheer for tie rod. Top that off with some huge castings for the knuckles. Shouldn’t go anywhere.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Got the front axle all assembled. I got it from Fusion. 5.38 gears, 10.1” ring gear, ARB, 3.5”x7/16” tubes, Solid knuckles and C’s, Chromo shafts, drive slugs, huge disc brakes, and the first set of their full hydro double shear steering arms.

Also my 4.3 Atlas two speed with cable shifter and adapters showed up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Axles look great--Parts stockpile is getting pretty deep!

Having three kids under 4 is killing my shop time. Hopefully my twins start sleeping a little better so I can sneak out of the house more. A pile of badass parts is good motivation though!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looking forward to this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
600 Posts
My build won’t turn out nearly as nice as yours but I’m just stretching my TJ to LJ and using the goat subframe too. It’s really nice.

We have one on the way but I’m looking at a 48-50” prp seat just in case a 3rd kid sneaks in the future.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
CYJ8 "Scrambled" build

My build won’t turn out nearly as nice as yours but I’m just stretching my TJ to LJ and using the goat subframe too. It’s really nice.

We have one on the way but I’m looking at a 48-50” prp seat just in case a 3rd kid sneaks in the future.

Thanks! I’ve been following your build from the beginning. Looks great.

Kids sneak up on you... I thought we were having our second when it turned out to be twins! Now building a big Jeep for three kids. I hope to fit a 54” PRP.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Thanks! I’ve been following your build from the beginning. Looks great.

Kids sneak up on you... I thought we were having our second when it turned out to be twins! Now building a big Jeep for three kids. I hope to fit a 54” PRP.

Thanks. I’ve got a ways to go. I’ve got to figure out how wide I can go on the rear seat. Luckily we only have one on the way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I cut the rear fender wells on my CJ7 but only had enough room to create a 48" wide opening. I installed a PRP 47 bench seat. I really wish I could put a 50 plus inch bench like you guys.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Haven’t had a lot of shop time lately. I’ve been welding up the subframe and getting the trusses ready for the axles. Also canceled my order for the 42” SX2 tires and ordered up a set of 42” Treps.

Here’s a pic of some of my bird poop.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Got my subframe all welded up, CJ tailgate installed, and some more more trickling in. Busy season at work has me not getting much garage time in.

41 - 60 of 164 Posts