Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Great progress.

I hate filters that mount upside down or even sideways. Just makes a mess.

Agreed, but there is a drain on the bottom that should help minimize the mess, plus not a fluid change that I will be doing weekly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
CYJ8 "Scrambled" build

Lots of new parts since I last updated.

14” front and 16” rear ORI’s. The 12’s are for a buddy.

PRP premier fronts and 54” rear bench. Big enough for the whole family.

Driveshaft parts and some 2-1/8x.188 tubing.

American Autowire severe duty harness with all sealed connectors.

New toy!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice work! Coming along it looks like.

Those PRP seats look nearly identical to ours. Same colors on every component I think. We love them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Rear tube fenders made. I laugh seeing the stock wheel opening. I didn’t want a full comp cut, and this was as much as I could leave.

New gauges. Dakota Digital comp cluster

Links are all made up. Used 2”x.25 for all of them, and the lowers got slugged with 1.5” 7075 solid aluminum. Rear 16” struts are mocked up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Looking fantastic.

Does that Dakota Digital cluster run off the OBDII port?

Thanks. The cluster can run OBDII, or standard sensors. There are add on modules to basically make it do anything you want. I’m leaning towards the GPS module that gets you speedo, compass, altitude, and outside temp.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Finally got some time to make more progress. All tube fenders bent up. Side steps bent. Rear ORI’s installed and test flexed. Need to trim a little more for these big ass 42’s. More to come.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Question. What are your rear tube fenders going to connect to? Welded to the side of the tub/armor? Or going through to some other structure?

I spy a door! Eagerly awaiting how you pull off your plans for the rear doors:grinpimp:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Question. What are your rear tube fenders going to connect to? Welded to the side of the tub/armor? Or going through to some other structure?

I spy a door! Eager awaiting how you pull of your plans for the rear doors:grinpimp:

I have 3/16 corner blanks that will get cut to match sheet metal and welded to the body. The rear fenders will then bolt to the corner armor. The fronts are part of the tube chassis. This way fenders will all be black with the chassis and body can be painted it’s own color.

I’m excited for the rear doors. There’s so many things to do. They may come sooner than later as their location and cage location both need to work together for the rear door latches.

·
NERD
8,593 Posts
I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on the Wright CNC 2x2. I looked at that system before I bought my Langmuir system and both seemed very good. I missed the promo for the Wright CNC but it still looks like a great system for the price.

The severe duty wiring harness is also on my short list if I redo my main box. Very cool kit and looks really well done! Nice work so far, I'm digging your rear frame work and how clean it all comes out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on the Wright CNC 2x2. I looked at that system before I bought my Langmuir system and both seemed very good. I missed the promo for the Wright CNC but it still looks like a great system for the price.

The severe duty wiring harness is also on my short list if I redo my main box. Very cool kit and looks really well done! Nice work so far, I'm digging your rear frame work and how clean it all comes out.

I will let you know as soon as I make a cut with it... soon! I was crazy busy when I first got it, so I played with all the software for a month. Then I went to cut and nothing. I called Wright, whose tech support seems very good, and it turns out it was wired wrong (pre production batch). I sent my control box to them for testing. They fixed everything and it should be back to me this Tuesday. In my opinion, this issue is part of why I got such a deal on their first batch. All in all I’m still very happy with the purchase. I will post an update when I cut with it.

·
NERD
8,593 Posts
More pictures
Thanks for the feedback so far on the Wright CNC.

Is this the pop-up style cap? I was going to use the same one so I'm very interested in seeing how you like it and how well it does when it's mounted flush. :smokin:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Thanks for the feedback so far on the Wright CNC.

Is this the pop-up style cap? I was going to use the same one so I'm very interested in seeing how you like it and how well it does when it's mounted flush. :smokin:

The cap is not a pop up style. I got it from Pacific Customs. The have just about any size or configuration you could need.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Started on the cage. Lots to go, but finally looking like something. Cage is all 1.75”x120, but I did the B pillar vertical and cross support out of 188.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
A few more cage pics. A pillars tie through firewall to engine cage. Still need harness bars and X and seat mounts.

Also got the grill drilled out to just run some 4” grommet mount leds.

Had to order more tubing that should be in tomorrow to keep going.

101 - 120 of 164 Posts