Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a frends 04 wrangler ,she snaped both rears.it has a detroit with 27 spline. Why it wasnt upgraded to 30 spline when the locker was instaled I couldnt tell ya .She wants mollys & I cant find any without doing locker &axle combo. ANY HELP PLEASE? :confused: mollys or oem.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
I would not throw a nickle at one of those rear ends. It doesn't matter what axles, gears, locker or whatever you put in it, they are junk and will NEVER be strong. Don't let her throw away good money by spending anymore on that axle. Upgrade to atleast a stock TJ Dana 44.

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
ROCK HUGGER said:
I would not throw a nickle at one of those rear ends. It doesn't matter what axles, gears, locker or whatever you put in it, they are junk and will NEVER be strong. Don't let her throw away good money by spending anymore on that axle. Upgrade to atleast a stock TJ Dana 44.
Amen to THAT

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'd agree as well by upgrading the rear. Sounds like she is lead foot too. Then we can get her the Alloy chromos. She won't break them. If you do a 60, we have chromos for them too.
Even if she did the upgrade to 30 spline, she would only be 30% stronger and sounds like she might break that too.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If she needs to just do shafts, Moser and Yukon both make stonger versions of the 27 spline.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pcoplin said:
If she needs to just do shafts, Moser and Yukon both make stonger versions of the 27 spline.
THANKS thats what I was looking for

·
Registered
611 Posts
a dana 35 is a good waste of time and money. junk it and do something else anything else just about

·
Registered
217 Posts
hey i have an idea.. how bout if we change the topic of this thread to something like 'whats the best use for a dana 35.. i still have mine sitting on the side of my house completely bare, and still want to find something cool to do with it... i was thinking about making a front yard art sculpture out of it, a table foot, maybe a whole table frame support, a door stop, or strapping a couple more together and then tying it to the back of my jeep and using them as a drag to rip out all of the weeds on the side of my house...

what other ideas do some of us have on the best uses for a dana 35???

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Why would you lock a 35 in the first place?

Yes, my TJ still has the 35 in the rear, but it is open, I will be swapping in an 8.8 over the winter, not going to put a bunch of money into the 35...

·
Registered
309 Posts
common guys..... a D35 is a good axle.......

(right now your Crappin Bricks.....)

I wouldn't ask a 35 to be a door stop, the door stop mounts would bust, It can barely support its own weight, let alone the weight of a table!! So lets be reasonable about this, here are some of our friends.......

8.8, 9", D44, D60, Rockwell, D70, D80, FF14, C10 just to name a few, but when you blow a D35, its time to upgrade!! Thats the only good thing about a D35, the wife won't know the differance between my 8.8 and a D35, so when mine blew... this $___ was the repair bill :D

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
So you got stronger shafts, now its time for the R&P to break, spin the diff on the tubes?

My D35 broke pulling out of my parking spot at work.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
well - if you truss the d35, spare shafts are free all over the county...

ill give you two that i have...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts