Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a chevy d44 passenger side drop, question is can i just remove ball joints reweld spring perches reverse rotation gear. flip it over and make it high pinion drivers? will the pinion bearing be oiled correctly? or is that all there is too it. Or do i just need to get ford hp d44?

i already have the chevy, wanting to do sas s10 trying to use parts i already have

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where in ky

im in southeastern ky harlan county i would like an explaination on the no i think i have a good idea someone needs to elaborate

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
n208

you think it would be alot easier to just switch t case's? will the 208 bolt in place without use of any adaptors?other than maybe shifter relocation? what vechicles is the n208 in that i can find in yards?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Looks like a bunch of experts here :rolleyes:

Dude, when you flip an axle upsidedown the pinion is on the other side of the ring gear....it will now run in the opposite direction... :shaking: Think about it...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dude

dude you didnt read the post, reweld spring perches reverse rotation gear. thats what the high pinion revere gear would be for

·
Registered
939 Posts
It needs oil or the gears and bearings will get too hot. When you flip it upside down, the oil won't fling up the way it is supposed to.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Rcurrier is correct. When you flip an axle upside down it will run backward because the pinion is on the wrong side of the ring gear. No gear change will fix that problem. On a normal high pinion front, the pinion stays on the correct side of the ring, it just moves up. You CAN NOT use high pinion gears in a normal housing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts