Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am trying to talk myself into saving up for some coilovers. Does anyone know anything about these doetsch techs? it looks like 15" travel emulsion shock(like the pic) can be setup dual-rate for about 300$ a corner. Anyone know how well they work?
pic came from rock logic
www.rocklogic4x4.com

-greg

·
Registered
52 Posts
what was wrong with them?

·
Registered
186 Posts
The shaft is only 3/4". I bent them several times. I also had ALOT of problem with the seals blowing out. Granted it was on a heavy grand cherokee, but I did have any problems with the SAW.

Travis

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Travis,

Any problem with the coils hitting the frame or any binding problems. That's not normal to bend shafts and blow seals a lot unless the shock is getting side loaded. Just curious what the problem might have been.

tony k

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
i just gave my set of doestechs away. they are ok if you don't plan on running them very hard. i bent several shafts and blew at least one seal every trip. i replaced them with sway a ways

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
I'M WITH ROCKCRAWL I HAD A SET AND THE FIRST TIME OUT THE SEALS BLEW OUT. THEN LATER THAT SAME DAY I BENT ONE IT HAD TONS OF CLEARENCE AROUND THEM AND WAS ON A LIGHT RIG MY OPINION IS THERE JUNK :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts