Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
The first thing I would say is SEARCH! :flipoff2:

There are many posts on this subject. I read them all before I bought the kit. I've done the conversion but have not gotten to install it yet.

Easy to do with mostly simple hand tools. Cutting down the input bearing retainer is the only pain w/o power tools. Drill press is good to have for the shifter rods. I had a alignment issues with a few through holes intersecting but nothing a dremel couldn't solve. Taught me a bunch about the transfercase. I could field strip it blindfolded now!

It's not rocket science, really just assembly. Instructions are a little shallow but Blue97TJ wrote a good install writeup on it. You will find it when you search.

I think CMK was hinting that there are other ways to skin this cat. Perhaps he will enlighten us. I would have liked to know when I was at your stage of the purchase. The kit is not cheap thats for sure

hth

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
d300 flip kit

I am in the process of obtaining the pieces to complete this project which is to say i have the flip kit. I have been told that by flipping the d300 a heat problem occurs as a result of poor oiling. I have not found anything documenting this problem only hearsay. Has anyone had a negative experience by flipping the d300? So far, this is my only concern with it.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
327 Posts
How much did you guys have to shorten your front drive shaft? I have a flipped 300 in the basement that I am installing this coming weekend and was just curious.

Jackie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts