Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know that i am the fng (fraking new guy). But i have been looking and reading on this web site for about two years and need some info. so please flame away.
I have a 98 Tj with the 4.0, 4.88s, RE 4.5" long arm kit and a bunch of other custom made junk.
I am still running the extra crappy Dana 35 in the rear. I only have so much money because i am building a house.
I have blown the trash lock apart twice and now the carrier is junk and this time the ring gear is junk.
what i want to know is what set ups are some of you running and how do you like them. Detroit with the superior shafts, ect?
I am in no position to run a 44 or a 60.

thanks and flame away :flipoff2:

·
Registered
29,224 Posts
I have a feeling no one here is gonna know, because no one here runs a "sooper 35". I still run my D35, but it hasn't broken yet. and WHEN it does, it's gonna be made into a realy cool mailbox.

But serious, if you blew it up twice, why not change it to somthing worth while. And don't say anything about "monetary reasons." You can build a waggy 44 or Ford 9" for next to nothing, especially wirth a spool, hell a Summit minispool for a 9" is $30.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
kinneyt said:

I am in no position to run a 44 or a 60.

thanks and flame away :flipoff2:
If you're in no position to run a 44 or 60, you're not really in much of a position to run anything other than the 35c you've got. You could go w/ a Super 35 kit... that's... what?... $7-800? Hell... I'm sure you could do an 8.8 swap for that much, or be well on your way to a 9" or 60 rear.

Try Moser for some "beefy" shafts for the 35c.

Save your money, though... If you're thinking of swapping axles, you might as well put away some $$ and do it right. I'd suggest spending as little as possible on the 35...

:flipoff2: Newbie!!

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Youve been lurking on the site for 2 years and you ask a question like this!? :rolleyes:

As the others said, Dana 35s are not even discussed here. You could do a whole other axle swap for that price.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Jason R said:
Youve been lurking on the site for 2 years and you ask a question like this!? :rolleyes:

As the others said, Dana 35s are not even discussed here. You could do a whole other axle swap for that price.

And come out way ahead on money and have welder and learn to use it and and and. Stop me.....

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
94YJGuy said:
Like others have said - $800 you could have swapped in the 8.8 :)
Or nine inch, or D44...............:rolleyes:
If you can not afford a set of PnP D44s from a Waggy, how can you justify the expence of four wheeling at all????
Sounds like you spend enough money fixing your shit, that you could have swapped in stronger axles and been far ahead of the game.
Get some priorities in life. Either get your jeep built so you can wheel it like you want, or hold off long enough to build your house. It does not sound like you should try to do both at the same time. Quit wasting bandwidth here asking dumb shit questions too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts