Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hardcore newb question. Will a waggy 44 cover fit a jk 44 diff?

No I'm not retarded. Not legally anyway :D

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking so too, they definitely resemble each other. i took the covers off my buddy's waggies when he tossed em. another buddy just bought a jk rubi and i was gonna make him home made guards out of them, just checking to make sure they'll fit considering the 30 yrs difference. :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
i bent my stock tj d44 cover and found one off a ford at pick n pull to replace it once upon a time so i am assuming its the same. i would find the thicker 3/16 cover (not sure what you have)

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
I checked Crane, Ruff Stuff, Riddler and Solid. Their D44 covers indicate D44 and do not specify there is a different cover for JK44s or anything else.

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts
I checked Crane, Ruff Stuff, Riddler and Solid. Their D44 covers indicate D44 and do not specify there is a different cover for JK44s or anything else.
The only D44 I know of that uses a different cover is the aluminum pumpkin D44 that was used in some Grand Cherokees.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
The only D44 I know of that uses a different cover is the aluminum pumpkin D44 that was used in some Grand Cherokees.
Yup and Blue Torch sell one. They are the only one that I know who does offhand.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just picked up a set of JK Dana 44s.
From all I've read only differences are internal.
Just got back to work so it'll be 6 weeks before I could hands on verify though.
Sorry.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Some waggy D44s had funky diff covers but they also had a disconnect built into them.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I bought a "solid" diff cover off my buddy that was on one of his D44's in a TJ rubicon and put it on a scout d44 that I swapped in my YJ. It bolted up just fine but like everyone said stuff could be different..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts