Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These were in a d44 i bought.. installed in chromo axles. Any idea who might have made these? No identification marks anywhere. 2 look like they are machined billet, and the other looks like someone used a file and made it out of a block of steel. All use bronze or brass bushings and look damn beefy. the stubs mic out at .825 inches. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
early ox's or ctms.
Not likely early CTM's. I saw most all the prototypes and they never looked like that, plus Jack's bushings are thinner.

I don't recall Ox ever building a single piece body either, so that leaves Jess as a possible suspect or home built.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
wasn't there some chinese knock offs on fleabay a while back?

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
They could be some early Longfields....no,scratch that, if I remember correctly, those were Spicers that had been cryoed and with new caps and brass bushings. Now I'm curious what brand they are:laughing:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
??? They look beefy though. Runnem till they give out. CTM's are not much larger.

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
??? They look beefy though. Runnem till they give out. CTM's are not much larger.
im not going to run them because the truck is going to be street driven sometimes.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Selectable hubs???? I ran mine on the street with CTM's.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
ship em to me. I'll pay shipping.

·
Registered
905 Posts
:D

I really do want to understand why you dont wanna use these joints for winter street driving...

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
:D

I really do want to understand why you dont wanna use these joints for winter street driving...
X2, you are not gong to be able to sell them for anywhere near what new ones will cost. Put lots of grease in them and keep lots of grease in them and run them. I do not see any advantage other than aesthetics to switch to any other bushing style joint.
________
How to roll a blunt

·
Registered
905 Posts
:laughing:

I'll give yah $20 with shipping! :flipoff2:
Wait but ur in Indiana! You might not have read carefully but these joints are not rated for street driving in the winter... Im in CA so we dont have a true winter and therefore these joints are perfect for me :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gah! I'm not wanting to sell them! I really don't feel like greasing them every other day and hearing the loose bushings every time i throw it into 4wd.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts