Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching and can't find out how tight the outer hub nut on the D44 should be. I have the 1/2 inch impact on it right now and can't get it to loosen. it is really tight. I can't see any locking ring or pins. The locking pins are on the first nut right? Help!!!

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
They might have used a regular nut with the big washer behind it, bent over the nut sides. That's how the early ones are. I would think that a 1/2" impact would tear that apart pretty easy unless the slot in the washer got twisted into the threads.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked for any kind of locking washer that could be where I could bend it or some thing. but it is not there. In my searches I came across exactly what it looks like. It is an inner nut with a pin and a washer with a bunch of holes that once you set the bearing nut(inner) to the right pressure you put the washer on and line it up with the pin then the outer nut just screws on and pushes against the washer, locking it into place? I can't get the damn thing to move! rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ttt

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on someone must know, tell me what I am doing wrong!

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Put a breaker bar on it and jump on it. If you have a crappy Impact wrench you might only be getting a couple hundred foot pounds out of it.

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Ron4x4 said:
Come on someone must know, tell me what I am doing wrong!
Remember: Righty tighty, lefty loosey :flipoff2: .......maybe your impact is in the righty tighty mode!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mikecj5cj8 said:
Remember: Righty tighty, lefty loosey :flipoff2: .......maybe your impact is in the righty tighty mode!
I have been using an impact wrench for 20+ years I know how to operate it! :flipoff2:

I tried the breaker bar first and could not keep the socket on it.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
This sounds like a two man job. Get your buddy to apply pressure to the head of the rachet to keep the socket on, while you jump on the end of the breaker bar. Only thing I can think of. Good luck.

DK

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have on more than one occassion had to go in with a cold chizzle and a hammer in the corner of the notch and keep beatin until it cracks, I don't know how they get them that tight

John

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
swamprat6 said:
I have on more than one occassion had to go in with a cold chizzle and a hammer in the corner of the notch and keep beatin until it cracks, I don't know how they get them that tight

John
+1 Fo' shizzle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts