Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I picked up a fullsize D44 for free, the guy was moving and needed to get rid of it. I wanted to put it on my xj but the pumpkin is on the wrong side. So I want to flip it and run reverse cut gears. If I do this, I will have to cut the knuckles and switch them around right:confused:

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
PLease remember to budget in the high dollar inverted brake fluid for the calipers and the multidirectional drive shaft:flipoff2:

Fawking NEWB!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
It is impossible to flip a Dana 44 to make it driver side drop. You need to find a Dana 100 with the variable gear ratio. It is a rare axle but can be found. I think someone on ebay was selling one, he had portal Dana 35's also.

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
you can flip the axle. but you gotta turn the motor around too ;) seriously!

if you did a rear engine conversion you could run upside down axles....BUTTTTTTT at that time you would want to run that 44 in the back and put knuckles on maybe a 9" for the front :D you still wanna turn the axle over? :D

·
Registered
469 Posts
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Premium Member
13,267 Posts
all you need is a reverse rotation front driveshaft. been done many times. just do the flip, take your old front 'shaft off and carry it to a machine shop. tell them you want it reverse-rotation. they will know what to do. may take a while, as you have to run Austrailian U-joints at the case yoke to get it to run backwards. shipping on them is usually 12 weeks.

BTW, as a newb can i flog other newbs? or should i wait...:question:

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
45acp said:
BTW, as a newb can i flog other newbs? or should i wait...:question:
When you are intelligent and thick skinned as you appear to be.......................................................................................................hell yeah! :D:D:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I knew that was going to happen! So when I buy the inverted brake fluid would that also be a good time to buy some inverted gear oil:flipoff2: Thanks for nothin fuckers!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
JC, some time these guys are big asses and just flame away w/o even thinking to help. don't worry about them. HERE is a link to a write-up that a guy in my club did on the exact thing.

SUCKA!!!! :blackflipoff2: ;)

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
http://www.rebelrockrunners.org/andrew/mbp/***.gif

·
Registered
416 Posts
JCTOYS said:
I knew that was going to happen! So when I buy the inverted brake fluid would that also be a good time to buy some inverted gear oil:flipoff2: Thanks for nothin fuckers!
If you knew it was going to happen, why did you ask? Not flaming, not old enough, just wondering:confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts