Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
yes sir, you can check the part number I provided on there
I did. And the first link said you were wrong. Was trying to be polite, and allow you the chance to verify yourself. Now.... that typed, my link can also be wrong, but anyhow, this is the link I found in a quick search; DETROIT LOCKERS > DANA 60 Here's the Eaton site, which also says you're wrong; https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/products/differentials-traction-control/eaton-performance-differential-application-guide-en.pdf

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
On the plus side, it's super easy to change the side gears in one of these, and swap out the 40 splines for 35 splines or 30 splines.. I've done that on my old 40 spline Detroit when I sold it, as that buyer wanted a 35 splined unit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the plus side, it's super easy to change the side gears in one of these, and swap out the 40 splines for 35 splines or 30 splines.. I've done that on my old 40 spline Detroit when I sold it, as that buyer wanted a 35 splined unit.
good to know that, Thank you

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I think I now understand your question, and realize that I'm not the best one to answer it, from this picture;

I'm guessing, repeat just guessing here, it's due to a front application which requires a thick cut gear as it's reverse rotation, and the other application (from earlier pic) is for a standard rotation (rear) housing which is a thinner cut gear. Either way, your price is fine, and I'd simply delete the 4.56 from the Title thread, and let the end user determine what he or she needs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I now understand your question, and realize that I'm not the best one to answer it, from this picture; View attachment 3107374
I'm guessing, repeat just guessing here, it's due to a front application which requires a thick cut gear as it's reverse rotation, and the other application (from earlier pic) is for a standard rotation (rear) housing which is a thinner cut gear. Either way, your price is fine, and I'd simply delete the 4.56 from the Title thread, and let the end user determine what he or she needs.

Appreciate your knowledge on the information.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts