Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tera60 CRD. I just switched the 4.56 to 5.13 gears. It wasn't overfilled, but after a few miles at freeway speeds it puked the oil out the vent hose. Is it because it's spinning faster now, and what's the cure if that's it?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just talking to Jason Bunch about it. He feels it needs some kind of baffle in the housing. I'll have to see what Tera has to say about it.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
The only app for oil slingers that I know of is the origional tera centersections, havnt heard of em for the crd. When first released the tera centers didnt have them, it was a design change later. Look like this.

cover

slinger in housing

Credit for the pics goes to Mike_lib from the camo60 thread.

Hate to ask the obvious, but did you over fill it after the gear swap?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Try 6.17's on the road. Tranny, Tcase, rear end......all of them spit some lube out.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish the answer was as easy as over filling it, but nope. It blows out about half the oil before it stops.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought i'd drag this up to give an update. Just in case someone else has this problem.

I just talked to Tera, and they said about 1 in 50 of the CRD60's do this, and they can't figure out why. They did make up a special baffle to fix it, and sent me out one. My day just got better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts