Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking into doing the swap on my CJ7 as most of you know, anyways I found this guy who has a D60 and a D44 from a J20. He said he bought the whole truck for $400 and to make him an offer on the axles!:eek: So, Man these do sound bitchin, but I am going to run 35x16" Boggers on 15x12 rims. My question, can I clear that D60 well enough? Or should I stick with D44's only?

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I have the exact same axles on my YJ running 36" tsl sx's(actually measure around 34" from the ground) and my rear pumpkin LOVES grabbing rocks. So Im up to 40's right now. If you can, shave the bottom as much as possible before you install it for good. If you know of someone that can bore the stock spindles for cheep, you can run 1.5" 35spline shafts and locker.

thats my plan.

so good luck

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, sounds like if I knew more about this than it would be a good plan, but I don't have a lot of knowledge and don't want to get into this over my head. I'll have to stick with D44's front and back.....just got to find em'.:homer:

Sounds like a bitchin Jeep you got.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
I had Q78s on my J20 (35.5", same axles). clearance wasn't bad. For me, around here, rear clearance doesn't seem as big a deal as front. I get hung up way more with 38s on my front d60 than my J20 did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts