Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to find a clear answer. Some say that is possible, some say that it is not. Im sold on running a d60 in the back of my rig and want it over a 9inch, but if i cant get this thing to fit a 5 5.5 pattern in the rear, im going to be a little upset and have settle on a 9 inch. needless to say, I hate settling.

So is it possible to machine a d60 FF rear to fit a 5x5.5 wheel? or am i just wasting time and money? I have a line on a 76 ford dana 60 with 4.10s and a 30 spline for pretty cheap and i love to make this happen.

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
244 Posts
Why not go to 8-lug rims? I'd bet you can get 8-lug hubs for whatever you're running on the front a lot cheaper than converting to a 5-lug hub on the Dana 60.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, because I have four brand new wheels, and brand new 35's. My front d44 is already purchased, my rear however, is still waiting to be bought.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I run a 14 bolt with solid axle mfg hubs. Narrows axle 2.5 inches and converts to 5 x 5.5. I was in the same situation. Had a built 44 front already and the 14 bolt was free so didn't mind spending some cash on hubs. 1 year beat on pretty hard with 40s and no issues.
Just a thought since you don't have a rear 60 yet.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Too bad you don't wanna settle the stronger 9". It would make your life much easier. But some people would rather have shitty ground clearance just so they can say they have a Dana 60.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts