Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have yet to find a clear answer. Some say that is possible, some say that it is not. Im sold on running a d60 in the back of my rig and want it over a 9inch, but if i cant get this thing to fit a 5 5.5 pattern in the rear, im going to be a little upset and have settle on a 9 inch. needless to say, I hate settling.

So is it possible to machine a d60 FF rear to fit a 5x5.5 wheel? or am i just wasting time and money? I have a line on a 76 ford dana 60 with 4.10s and a 30 spline for pretty cheap and i love to make this happen.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, because I have four brand new wheels, and brand new 35's. My front d44 is already purchased, my rear however, is still waiting to be bought.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I run a 14 bolt with solid axle mfg hubs. Narrows axle 2.5 inches and converts to 5 x 5.5. I was in the same situation. Had a built 44 front already and the 14 bolt was free so didn't mind spending some cash on hubs. 1 year beat on pretty hard with 40s and no issues.
Just a thought since you don't have a rear 60 yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.