Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF I WAS TO GET A D60 FRONT..AND REDRILL FOR 6 LUG.... WOULD I ALSO HAVE TO MACHINE MY WHEEL TO FIT OVER THE BIG ASS HUB?....INSIDE WHEEL DIA IS 4.25"

WHAT IS THE DIA OF THE WARN HUBS ?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yes you would have to machine them, I recomend machining the hub, not the rims. What if you need to use someones spare?

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup .....good one ....how about the hub will it fit through the rim.....??

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Ryan i have not looked into doing this but i have seen 6 lug d60 fronts, and the chrome locking hub fits through you 6 lug wheel, but it is the d60 hub body that tapers larger near the mounting surface so that the 8 lug wheel would be "hub centric"(hub centric is the way they index OE wheels on the hubs). You have to lathe out that taper and then re-drill for 6 lug. that is where i don't know what to do, i think some people swap rotors and such.
Hope that helps.

Ian-

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Take the hubs down to a maching shop or axle shop. They will chuck the hub up in a lathe and remove enough material from the outside so your wheel will fit through. Then they will weld up your 8 lug holes in the hub and redrill them for 6 lug. I don't know if they weld and redrill the rotor as well or if they use a different rotor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts