Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i blew the rancho stabalizer i had on my front 60 (which was for a tj and not long enough anyway). I found out that the rancho stabalizers are just rs5000 shocks. I have the table of compressed and extended lenths of the shocks so im just going to cycle the steering and figure it out from there. Sound right?

next question i have, according to all the stuff im reading the stabalizers just about anyone sells are only good up to a 35" tire. and ive seen alot of non jeep vehicles running multiple stabalizers. would it be a decent idea to run 2 on my setup for now until i have the time to put in the ram?

Im basicly running a full width 60 upfront with hi steer w/38 sx's. the way i have things setup im looking at putting one at each end of the axle i have a place to mount them near the knuckle, i think that is the best way to go for the time being.

any ideas? or experience?

thanks

DP

·
Registered
857 Posts
or step up to the best and go Full Hydro

Station is the man

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Not sure if it would make a difference but I think a regular 5000 shock has a different compression and reboud rate. This would make turning one way a little different from turning the opposite way, not sure how much of a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sundowner

ive talked with matt and i have a steering box sitting in the garage that im going to use for the ram assist but this is just something i cant undertake right this minute.

OCM

i caught that same info, and it didnt make much sense to me because alot of the part numbers match the shocks and the stabalizers for different applications.

this is also why i was thinking one at each end of the axle facing each other so one would be extending while the other was compressing. so it would be equal in both directions.

DP

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
without trying to sound hostile:) why do u want steering stabilizers,,all they do is mask other problems,,such as worn parts,unbalanced tires and so on..i would suggust that u dont need them and spend the money elsewhere IMo..:p

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
OTTERGONEJPN said:
without trying to sound hostile:) why do u want steering stabilizers,,all they do is mask other problems,,such as worn parts,unbalanced tires and so on..i would suggust that u dont need them and spend the money elsewhere IMo..:p
I agree...my last setup I ran for 6+ months without a steering stablizer and had no ill effects...but some setups do need them...they do help with bumpsteer...I really see no need for two though...by the time you buy two shocks you are a good portion of the way to Hydro assist...

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I went with a single 2" stabilizer:flipoff2:
it took care of all my problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts