Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just swapped in a Dana 60 front axle but no tone rings. Any idea where I can get a couple and what tooth count and size?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
None for 69. Come on guys, surely somebody knows. I don't think I would ask this in the hardcore section. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Once you put a 60 in a WJ isn't ABS fairly a mute point? Its not like it affects functionality of the vehicle like in a JK. Speedo is run from rear diff. Just pull the bulb for the light and move on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it depends on what you want to do with that 60. do you want to key the 8 lug or go down to 5 lug.. heres a good thread to start reading.

Junkyard Axle Conversions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

Axle swap and tone ring?

and if there is a thread somewhere about a guy machining a tone ring down for a jk and it fits on a dana 60 stub shaft.

I'll read them up tonight. I've 5 lugs on it. Everything fits but just need the tone rings. That is great, thanks dude.

Once you put a 60 in a WJ isn't ABS fairly a mute point? Its not like it affects functionality of the vehicle like in a JK. Speedo is run from rear diff. Just pull the bulb for the light and move on.
Speedo is fine, I need the ABS to work instead of splicing the rear wires and to register as a DD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link, Tonka_yellow.

I have wheeled with the guy, Miraz, and am in touch with him for the tone rings. Unfortunately he has JK rings at 52 tooth but my WJ has 54.

I might have to get a set of four (52 tooth JK) Dana 60 rings from him or Ballistics Fab and hopefully work the ABS. Alternatively get a pair of D60 54 tooth rings for the fronts to match the 54 tooth that are already in the rear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone doing an axle swap and wanting the ABS to work, you could have the tone rings custom laser cut at VKSFAB.

As I understand it, tooth count does not matter. All four must have the same tooth count but front and rear rings can have different diameters.

These are also called ABS Reluctor Rings.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
you can use whatever tone ring you want and then modify the signal with the speedodrd. i used one to correct the speedo on my WJ. its a universal item and just intercepts the abs speed signal and modifies it by whatever factor you want.

12oClockLabs LLC

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah I have speedodrd to correct my speedometer. Tone rings are required for the ABS sensor to pulse it. I need all four with the same teeth.

All sorted now, thanks to Vicks. VKSFAB . Fresno, CA. Laser cut.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts