Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I finally have the time for a proper post on my newest carnage. Seems as though I have now blown the rear shaft in my truck. The front shaft from Jess didn't work it was too big even after re working my exhaust twice so I sent it back with the thought of purchasing a smaller double cv from somewhere else of course it was never done so I ran on rearwheel drive for about 5-6 months I was towing my trailer from DC to Norfolk not 5 miles from DC I lost all power thought it was the tranny at first (which would have really sucked) but just turned out to be the rear drive shaft, but since I was moving I had all my tools with me and a spare front driveshaft (stock) that I just slapped on. Put it in drive damn still not going anywhere. Oh yeah I never replace the front axle and cv. So pulled the truck into a parking lot and since I also had the spare axle I bought in the trailer pulled that out got to work and 4 hrs later was on the road in the snow with only front wheel drive towing a 4000lb trailer needless to say dumb all day long but the Navy dictates that sometimes to have to be places at certain times. I took some pics which I'll attach when I get home. You won't believe what an opened up rover will do to a stock driveshaft (I twisted the end off) Just thought I'd make someone laugh at my misfortune ...again.

-ben

· Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's not even funny if you knew the story behind my old pickup trucks. In Dallas I had a beater (84 chevy pos) that I ended up dontating to a tow yard because while I was arguing with my apt who was responsible for the cost it got so high it cost more to get it out of hock than I paid for it. Then I got another truck a tow rig and the starter went out on it when I was moving down to Norfolk. So currently I own a 84 chevy dually that also doesn't run. So yes I have and I have acted upon just needed to use the d-90 at that point in time because I had to be in Norfolk and had to get the trailer down here with all my stuff. Oh yeah here are some of the pics seems as though I left most of the carnage on the side of the raod because I can't find the other flange that was twisted off but here's the part I still have. I think I'm going to make a collage of broekn rover parts.

-ben

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.