Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend brought me a dodge dana 60 from a 1998 pickup recently (free). Even more recently I've destroyed a few cv's and now the diff on the front of my 1997 chevy. On top of all of that most of what works is worn out. My plan is to stick that axle under there and run it like a factory dodge unit. My question is what bushings should I use, and are other things like JJ's better for this application? Also, what's a good coil to run under my SWB 1/2ton? I figured I'd just measure to find the length I need then call a lift company to get it, but I know there's alot more to it than that. Perhaps Pig can help in that department? I know this isn't exactly the conventional way to do a SAS, but I already have most of what I need, and better yet most of it was free.

BTW, this is not my toy, but it does see some pretty bad work environments while I'm out laying pipe. <--- LOL that could be taken wrong.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
use a rubber bushing on one end, and a JJ, superflex joint, Jimmy Joint, etc on the other end. this will allow for good articulation and the rubber will absorb most of the road "harshness"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts