Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all you guy running rockwells. i have a few questions.. how many miles have you put on the street with them?? How well do they act? any overheating of the diffs? i am looking at my options here. i am planing on one tons with some 42's but i would rather have a set of 47 or 49's. i am in ms so no rocks only mud and lots of it... this truck is not my daily driver but i would like to drive it to the mud holes/ mud bogs.. how are pinion brakes versus wheel brakes. what is the smallest rim dia you can runn. and one last one is there a "rockwells for idiots" thread??

·
Registered
905 Posts
To all you guy running rockwells. i have a few questions.. how many miles have you put on the street with them?? How well do they act? any overheating of the diffs? i am looking at my options here. i am planing on one tons with some 42's but i would rather have a set of 47 or 49's. i am in ms so no rocks only mud and lots of it... this truck is not my daily driver but i would like to drive it to the mud holes/ mud bogs.. how are pinion brakes versus wheel brakes. what is the smallest rim dia you can runn. and one last one is there a "rockwells for idiots" thread??

Everything you asked has been answered here, so start reading. ALL 12 pages, and ALL links in those 12 pages. Its a lot of reading, but anything you're going to want to know is answered in there. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313836

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
And buy a red star so you can search and quit making the rest of us in MS look like a bunch of mud whomping hicks.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just noticed the thread about the rockwells.. i will start reading that.. that should be all i need. And i dint know any thing about buying stars???

·
Mr. Personality
10,289 Posts
Why are you worried about them overheating??? They do just fine cruising down the highway at 55mph for hours on end on a 13,000# deuce.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
And buy a red star so you can search and quit making the rest of us in MS look like a bunch of mud whomping hicks.:flipoff2:

:laughing:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the overheating thing was just some thing that i read in the past... i think with this many people running rocks there would be a forum for just rockwell/rockwelled rigs.. insted of everyone just posting it in the general 4by section.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
well the overheating thing was just some thing that i read in the past... i think with this many people running rocks there would be a forum for just rockwell/rockwelled rigs.. insted of everyone just posting it in the general 4by section.

just run a bigger radiator

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
the axle wont overheat, but the pinion brake will. a pinion brake on the freeway is like a wheel mounted brake going 300+ mph. doesn't take much to get a pinion brake glowing red.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts