Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear, everyone has the attention span of a goldfish! Y'all are loosing it!

Double dam failure in Mi, and not a single mention of it on here? Really?

Looks like the core of engineers pulled out due to complete failure to deal with problems. Then the state didn't make repairs, and insisted on keeping water levels high for muscles and lakeside property owners, and it all bit everyone in the ass.

state responsibility video

·
Registered
543 Posts
My understanding of it the first dam was privately owned and the owner didn't want to make repairs before they planned on selling it. They took a chance and are now probably going to get sued into the ground for not upkeeping it.

·
Registered
11,678 Posts
My understanding of it the first dam was privately owned and the owner didn't want to make repairs before they planned on selling it. They took a chance and are now probably going to get sued into the ground for not upkeeping it.
Both dams are privately owned (plus some others that have not been mentioned) the one that failed was known to be defective and the owner had planned to drain the lake and decommission it. The property owners in the area came up with a plan to purchase (4?) of the dams so that they could maintain their lakefront. Unfortunately the dam didn't survive long enough to be fully repaired.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Heard of that before. The problem is if Army core of engineers comes in and tells you to drain, you drain. If you don't and bad juju happens its on you. Army won that lawsuit a few years ago.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
they wanted to drain. for several reasons including maintenance costs.

hitlers people strong armed them. so these guys are fawked.

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
i've seen the flooding headlines for the last couple days, no idea about all the other drama going on behind the scenes.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
back to the million year flood plan.....those were the upgrades needed for the system.

that were never gonna happen.

maybe its better to leave it as a flood plain.

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
sat pictures are pretty gnarly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts