Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got htis '80 CJ and it runs like bunk at idle and the oil smalls like gas, I think ioti is washing down the cylinmder walls. My guess is it may be time for a rebuild.

I am not a I6 guy so I have never fooled with one of these, any hints on the rebuild to get maximum off angle capability? I was going to set the float level a little low, any other ideas?

A FI conversion to GM TBI is in the future so I don't want to spend much cash on it, just the rebuild kit.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I would get a MC2100 from a yard ($25) and a rebuild kit ($15) and go that route. I have one on my I6 and another on the V8, they're cheap, run at all angles and my 8 year-old could rebuild one.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I know this sounds stoopid cheap but.....I am not going to invest money and time to swap carbs when I am going to FI in the next 3-4 months.

I just want tothrow 12 bucks at the stock carb for a rebuild to make it work till I get the FI parts together.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CoryB said:
Take a look here for some tips on that POS carb.

Same one I have, in fact...
thanks for the good link! I am just dripping fuel fromthe venturi, I thought it was the float level but I see now it may be a even simple fix. Saved me a rebuild kit 12 dollars.....that will get me my O2 snesor.....:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts