Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Scout/XJ/Toy all sold
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just thinking about it, which tires did you decide to run? i don't think i replied to the thread, so i cant find it that way, and the search isnt existing. just curious to what you chose:D

all you other fawkers go ahead and flame me because i missed his decision, if he made one:flipoff2:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,649 Posts
He said he got tsl's about a hundred times. He has them in the garage, but does not have rims for them yet. He said if he makes it into TTC, he will run cut boggers again because he knows them inside and out.

If anyone else would like Captain Obvious to answer any furthur questions, please inqury before 5PM est time. Thank you and God Bless.
 

·
Registered
Scout/XJ/Toy all sold
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Otto Man said:
He said he got tsl's about a hundred times. He has them in the garage, but does not have rims for them yet. He said if he makes it into TTC, he will run cut boggers again because he knows them inside and out.

If anyone else would like Captain Obvious to answer any furthur questions, please inqury before 5PM est time. Thank you and God Bless.
sorry i missed his answer. last time i had read the thread he was still undecided:flipoff2: i haven't been on for a while:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,545 Posts
TSLs 44x16.5s to be exact.

I may do some light grooving to them and/or siping

Look for a Wheel brake, tire, wheel, steering thread in about a month.:p

Dan
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,590 Posts
wuss, didnt go with the 49s after the axle upgrade, you suck now dibble, the only way you will be redeemed is by posting numerous pics of the girls in bikinis workin on the rig....and they gotta be new ones, not old ones
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,649 Posts
wes8517 said:
wuss, didnt go with the 49s after the axle upgrade, you suck now dibble, the only way you will be redeemed is by posting numerous pics of the girls in bikinis workin on the rig....and they gotta be new ones, not old ones

Yeah tell me about it, Dibble is the biggest pussy to ever get behind the wheel of a buggy.

:shaking:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,545 Posts
wes8517 said:
wuss, didnt go with the 49s after the axle upgrade, you suck now dibble, the only way you will be redeemed is by posting numerous pics of the girls in bikinis workin on the rig....and they gotta be new ones, not old ones

I tried. I dont have the motor for the 49s and they just didnt fit. The rear links will have to be moved and lengthened.












Its looking to be a "this winter" project




Dan
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,590 Posts
after seeing that i dont see how you COULDNT go with the 49s, they look sic there. plus for TTC thatd be sic...time to invest in an 8-71 blower for the top of that 454, and the rear link stuff frankie or dan at BTF could take care of for ya pretty darn quick i bet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Dan Dibble said:
I dont have the motor for the 49s ....

Please elaborate....I know you have a friggin big block, and I would doubt that its stock, so what gives?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,590 Posts
ryanxj said:
Please elaborate....I know you have a friggin big block, and I would doubt that its stock, so what gives?
he wants to be able to smoke the livin jeebus outta the 49s too.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,758 Posts
Dan Dibble said:
I tried. I dont have the motor for the 49s and they just didnt fit. The rear links will have to be moved and lengthened.


Dan
Then you need to trade rigs with me.






















LOL! I kill me! My junk for yours. :shaking: If I were serious, I would belong in an institution! :D

Fingers crossed for you on TTC Dan.


Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,545 Posts
wes8517 said:
after seeing that i dont see how you COULDNT go with the 49s, they look sic there. plus for TTC thatd be sic...time to invest in an 8-71 blower for the top of that 454, and the rear link stuff frankie or dan at BTF could take care of for ya pretty darn quick i bet

As stated before, (TTC) one advantage I have is vehicle consistensy. Changing the suspension for bigger tires (with no seat time or motor) would not help overall. Yes Frankie and I could do the work and I could bolt on some HP goodies to the motor, but I think my reliability would be questionable.

This is all crazy, because Im still hoping to go to the TTC. And I dont want to do any big changes till we find out if we are going.


It will all happen, good things take time.

One of guys over at the house when the 49 was test fit said "it makes your rig look smaller":laughing:





Back to the motor. We dont rock crawl here. Most trails are slick/wet and require tire speed to climb.

The 49s are taller and heavier. Im barely ok with my current power. I currently would like to have about 150 more hp and with the 49s 250 more.


Heres why

Lets say Im climbing a series of slippery ledges. I get sidways and have to get out of it and stop with the rig sitting on a three foot ledge needing to climb a ledge and If I roll back Im going to the bottom. These ledges are slippery, no way to crawl them. You back the rig up till it about falls then peel out. You need HP to immediately launch the rig.

My rig weighs 5500lbs empty (its never empty) and my rotating weight is more than a stock samurai:p

To get it all rolling it takes HP.

Dan



RockTaxi:

Thanks ED. Im planning on getting up with you guys again once the dust settles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
im just happy to see that you gave the 49's a chance.. tell ya the truth i hate those damn things stick with the cut boggers its what makes your rig so noticeable.. and your driving style helps a little:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,257 Posts
I think the 44 TSL's are gonna be SICK on your rig. Nice choice, cant wait to see the action at TTC, you gotta make it in so all these people will get off your bawls :flipoff2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
hey dan, you see my vid? I'm gonna give you a run for the money on who has the heavier foot once I get it on the trails! The only reason i put the rollers on there was because I was eating too much tread on the SSR's. My power numbers are near yours, my HP is lower, but i'm getting an intake, exhaust, and ignition pretty soon. Your rig is bad, You have many fans you dont even know about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Branndonc said:
hey dan, you see my vid? I'm gonna give you a run for the money on who has the heavier foot once I get it on the trails! The only reason i put the rollers on there was because I was eating too much tread on the SSR's. My power numbers are near yours, my HP is lower, but i'm getting an intake, exhaust, and ignition pretty soon. Your rig is bad, You have many fans you dont even know about.
No offense, but I'll take Dibble on the "smart and controlled" use of his HP over just about anybody around.

On the complete opposite side of the spectrum is - me :grinpimp: I went from a little Toyota 4 cylinder EFI turining 38's to a stock 5.0 turning 44's and still think I'm the shit when I drive.

I actually like my lower HP because it helps control me somewhat. I still do a good deal of mixed rocks and slipperly slopes and I've been fine (so far) with my HP. I cannot drive for shit, so I get to ram the truck up and over things often enough.

That said, I'm looking into power options myself. Supercharger - 332 or even 347 stroker... who knows? It's on the list, but way down there.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top