Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that since Im going 60 front soon, why not make a 1350 front shaft now?. I can get a cv flange for the front output, but Im afraid that going 1350 I will have to notch a HUGE piece out of the pan. anyone ever do it?
Im making a beefy 20.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
i did it on my truck, and had no issues but of course i put a klune v in between my tcase and the tranny,

i think if you leave it were it is the u joint would hit the tranny pan, ive seen people take drastic measures and cut the edge of their pan off and re seal it:eek:

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well 1310 cvs need notching. im afraid that a 1350 will need sever notchedness

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old Scout said:
Run a Dodge tailhousing and a D300. :D
Are there 32 spline front outputs for 300's?

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WE have an account at work with AA.
:)

What about FRONT 32 spline outputs though?

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Old Scout said:
Run a Dodge tail housing and a D300. :D
Do you know how much wider/longer the D300 is? I just put the 1310 CV from a heep Cherokee on the D20 and had to "clearance" the pan a bit. I thought the D300 was the same distance from the pan.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
R290 said:
Do you know how much wider/longer the D300 is? I just put the 1310 CV from a heep Cherokee on the D20 and had to "clearance" the pan a bit. I thought the D300 was the same distance from the pan.
The dodge tail houseing much longer.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Old Scout said:
Run a Dodge tailhousing and a D300. :D
OS has the answer. You could run the shorter Jeep tailhousing and clock the D300 down if you'd prefer, too.

It's getting harder and harder to keep the stock Dana 20 setup.. and sourcing the bits to put a Jeep 300 behind the 727 looks better and better all of the time.

..except for the ready-to-go spare 727 in the corner with the Dana 20 adapter still on it that I don't really feel like opening up.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I have a tail housing and shaft from a heep wagoneer 727, I will check on the length tonight. Sounds like Dodge has a longer tail housing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts