Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a freinds CJ this weekend. We are having a real hard time getting the 20 to shift. Mostly its just stuck in 4hi.

We got the shifter to pull back almost to the floor once, it seemed to be in low, but there was no power to the front.

I was just looking for some tips, or rule of thumb type things to look for on this one before I end up tearing it all apart. Which it will probably need anyways.

Pretty much no experience with these oldies, so any advice you can provide is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Nine

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

Didnt quite make it to the t-case when we found all his star adjusters were worn out, it turned into rebuild drum brakes day, but I did have a quick look at the shifter.

Everything is hooked up. Its a single shifter. Both rails, and all the linkage hardware visably check out from the outside.

We dropped the fluid and it was pretty mudded up. Cycled some threw and dropped it again.

Still cant get it pull down any lower then 4 high.

Someone have a good link to some D20 rebuilding/servicing tech sites?

Also. I have a good condition CJ with a twin sticked 300 in my yard. Another freinds that I work on. Are the 300 and 20 set up the same? As in, does a 20 use the same shift patterns, rail positions, etc etc? Maybe I can use the 300 to do some comparing?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts