Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of or done a TJ axle shaft swap in a YJ? I have heard that a TJ Dana 30 axle shaft will fit in place of the YJ vacuum disco axle shaft eliminating the disco.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Has anyone ever heard of or done a TJ axle shaft swap in a YJ? I have heard that a TJ Dana 30 axle shaft will fit in place of the YJ vacuum disco axle shaft eliminating the disco.
Yes it works, you just need to strip the vacume disconnect guts and install an inner axle seal in the pumpkin.

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you cant find any TJ axles look for XJ axles. The early XJs had the same as YJ but the XJ started getting bigger axles before the TJ was released.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. Can you run a TJ axle shaft on 1 side and a YJ on the other. I know the u joints are different but this is just a temporary fix till I can afford a super 30 kit and locker.

·
33,755 Posts
yes, when I did it you had to get the seal from Warn.

Thanks for the help. Can you run a TJ axle shaft on 1 side and a YJ on the other. I know the u joints are different but this is just a temporary fix till I can afford a super 30 kit and locker.
yes, if you want to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts