Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for write ups product info and basically any information on clocking a dana 300. did a search and didn't find much. Does it still get the oil it needs. Im working with a t176 and a dana300 stock 81 cj5

thanks for any info

arndog

·
Registered
865 Posts
i just clocked mine today. cept i used a aa adapter to mate my 300 to a th350 so i just drilled the holes were i needed them in the adapter

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
With a new gasket you will know where the holes need to be so all you need to figure out is how much to turn it up. The one I did we moved all the holes 3/4". And yes you redrill the adaptor.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I happen to have a milling machine so I was able to mill out the spot in the brace to get all 6 in. What you can do is drill it then drill into the brace from the side with a 1" bit, file it flat and then use a stud in the T-case so that you only need to put a nut in the adaptor side. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
865 Posts
i clocked mine so it would be flat across so i can run a flat skidplate right to the bottom of the frame. i had no problems drilling all 6 holes and they are about 1/2 to 3/4 away from the old ones. i just used a gasket taped on to the adapter and a drill to drill it out nothing fancy. theres actually more material around the new holes cause the original holes there was 2 sets close together now there is one set without holes so close to it. you will prolly have to cut your floor out and rebend your shifter. also be carefull how close you get to your tranny i know my shaft is real close to the th350 now.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
On my CJ with tf999, there was not enough room in the adapter to drill it, so I drilled and tapped the 300 case. I removed the 2 stock studs, put the 999 tail housing on the case, and marked the spots for the 6 holes. Naturally, you must dissasemble the case to do this...I added AA kit at the same time

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I am clocking mine completly flat. I wouldn't have been able to use 2 of the bolts in the adaptor so I am having my friend at a machine shop drill and tap the case. He is also going to cut off the inner ear for the shifters cause that will hit my t-18. I hope that helps some.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.