Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505921&highlight=dana+300+flip
all you have to do is install this and flip it? no major fabrication? who is running this and how does it work.
It'll work but you also need a clocking ring i believe. The D300 bolt pattern is NOT a regular 6 bolt pattern, its got some differences in distance btween bolt holes. DIY4x.com sells cheap clocking rings for drivers or passengers side drop. I do agree with apeters though, if your seals are kinda worn, they WILL leak. If i ever get around to finding a HP60 and flipping my 300, im going to flip the rails too like ^ kit does.

Sam

·
Registered
968 Posts
I just put the northwest fab cable shifters in mine. Just been in for a week but no leaking as of yet.just flip it over, move your vent and run it.

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Seals are the major issue if they are bad in any way it will happen right away and just the shear amount of pressure on the seals will ensure it will leak later. Last year we did a flip kit and were going to go into production with it. It was a complete unit but held off for a couple of reasons. We are remaking the kits and the plan is a shift box that fits in the stock location with cable shifters for under $350. We will see in the coming months how it goes. Its late in the game I know but thats how R&D go sometimes.

·
Vendor
2,380 Posts
Our kit routes the cables above (or below, if flipped) and from behind the transfer case.

You will need to remove the top portion of the shift 'tower' on the Dana 300 to allow the cables to fit.

In flipped config:

We have had good luck if the seals are replaced, they are Chicago Rawhide # 6307.

·
Registered
612 Posts
http://www.downeastoffroad.com/dana300flipkit.htm

This is a complete kit with everything you need to flip your 300. Not sure on price, but like I said, it has everything needed to flip it. Seals stay above the oil, so leaking is less of an issue.

OMalley

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Some people that are flipping the 300's are running double lipped seals which I havent quite figured that out. I figure if you run new shift rail seals you should be fine. That's my plan as soon as I can get my 231-300 flipped setup in my TJ hooked up to a Ford HP60. I still need to figure out a shifter setup before I do it all though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts