Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else have the rattling noise in their d300 when it is unloaded. Mine is fine as lond as Im accelerating or decelerating, but when coasting something inside rattles LOUDLY. I have talked to several people who say that it is pretty common and nothing to worry about but it is annoying. Any ideas? Would a CV help? My DL angle isnt too bad, not real good either.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Drive shaft angles need to be looked at, bent d-line, bad u-joints, etc.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Mine made the same noise before and after the 4:1 gears. My D-line angles were fine. My buddy's D300 bone stock except for the twin stick makes the exact same noise. Never found any shavings or any funky wear, just makes noise.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I noticed the same thing on my 300 about a week ago on a snow run.

Only when I let up and coasted, in 4wd, did it make the noise.

I think that when rock crawling I don't get up to speed to hear the noise.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
I never heard the noise in 4lo only 4 high during coasting situations. I used to be worried about it until I heard about more and more people with the exact same noises.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
mine sounds like a jet on takeoff, in 2hi 2lo 4hi 4 lo front lo, it doens't matter, of course i have no floor covering it either :D

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone tried a cv? Im not worried about it breaking, it is just VERY annoying. If there is no fix, no big deal. If there is an easy fix...then...

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
same noises here, just upgrade your stereo! jiMMy

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
thats fawking wierd i didnt notice the noise untill AFTER i read the thread. 4Hi while coasting
and this was after i turned down the sterio:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
me too...it sounds like static on the radio? i dont worry anymore it has dont it since i got it 3 years ago...:D

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine is while driving on the road. What I thought it was when I first drove it after putting the 'case in was something rolling around in the floorborard. It is kind of a hammering sound. Its LOUD. Yours must be a different sound, if you just noticed it. I pulled it and looked inside, everything was tight?????

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
dobsogj said:
Mine is while driving on the road. What I thought it was when I first drove it after putting the 'case in was something rolling around in the floorborard. It is kind of a hammering sound. Its LOUD. Yours must be a different sound, if you just noticed it. I pulled it and looked inside, everything was tight?????
Mine does the some thing, didnt notice it until I put on a flat skid and cut a hole in the floorboard for it though:flipoff2: Im not worried about it:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts