Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my jeep was destroyed Im rebuilding this time with chevy fuel injection and a 350 or 400 transmission. What the easy way to do this and the cheapest way?
thanks

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Well if you have a super ******* and are really cheap, you *can* use a 208 adaptor. 5 holes match, drill the 6th. Cut-fab-hack-weld a GM 27 spline slip to a Jeep 21 (whatever it is) spline tranny output.

Matt Hodges has his this way IIRC, and it holds up.

I thought about doing that for around 5 min, then ordered a AA for my 700/300 combo.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
ROKZILLA said:
Has anyone have one they want to sell before i order a new one?
th350,th400, or 700r4 it dont matter

ask it over in the wanted section as well I'm sure there will be some eyes that see the post over there that dodn't or won't see it over here

I know where one is for a dana20 to TH350 already mated :)

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I have never heard of this been done but it is a thought. I have heard that some dana 20 transfercases came with a divorced input. Also IH dana 300 transfercases can bolt up to where a dana 20 was. Would it be possible to take the input of off a divorced dana 20 and rig it up to an IH dana 300? This is a long shot but it would allow you to run a dana 300 behind any 2wd transmission.

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
mtlehman said:
I have never heard of this been done but it is a thought. I have heard that some dana 20 transfercases came with a divorced input. Also IH dana 300 transfercases can bolt up to where a dana 20 was. Would it be possible to take the input of off a divorced dana 20 and rig it up to an IH dana 300? This is a long shot but it would allow you to run a dana 300 behind any 2wd transmission.
D20's behind early Nissans were divorsed.

IH 300's have the fawked up "texas" style bolt pattern. By no means would it work behind a GM auto. Much better adapting a CJ 300 to a GM tranny.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Why not go to the Pick n pull and get the 231 adapter for a 700r4 out of a 4x4 s10,s15 and just get a 27 spline input for the 300. Thats what we did with my Brother in laws 700r4.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The Rockslut said:
Where can one fine a 27 spline input for a D300?
What do you think the adapters from AA and Novak come with? They supply you with a new input for the 300 to mate to the GM output. At least that is what the web sites say.
You could alway have one made too, although I bet it would be pricey. Probably further ahead to buy the shaft from AA or Novak.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
1TonCJ-7 said:

What do you think the adapters from AA and Novak come with? They supply you with a new input for the 300 to mate to the GM output. At least that is what the web sites say.
You could alway have one made too, although I bet it would be pricey. Probably further ahead to buy the shaft from AA or Novak.
I thought that you either got a new main shaft for the tranny that was 23 spline output or a spud shaft from 27 to 21 spline. Thats all i have ever seen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.