Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broke right side axle shaft on a dana 35. The detroit and the ring and pinion are fine, but I cannot figure out how to get the piece out that allows access to the c clips. The only thing I can think of is that you have to pound it from one side. Any information would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Black92XJ said:
Broke right side axle shaft on a dana 35. The detroit and the ring and pinion are fine, but I cannot figure out how to get the piece out that allows access to the c clips. The only thing I can think of is that you have to pound it from one side. Any information would be greatly appreciated.:confused:
Remove the one or two SHCS that is holding it in. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'll keep this in mayman terms if I can.

Ya gotta remove the pin that goes thru the center of the carrier. There is a specific bit you have to have. It looks like a 12pt. Torx bit. Anyway, remove the big center pin, push the axle further in, remove the c-clip, then remove what's left of the shaft.

Unfortunately, the shafts are different lengths. You'll need the specific driver OR passenger shaft (whichever you broke).

:rolleyes: you seriously need to buy a manual if you're asking questions like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.