Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search but found no answers. Does anyone have 4 link with colis or coilovers on Dana 44's. If so do you have any pictures of your setup. I am getting ready to start the conversion from my YJ's but it seems there isnt much room with my offset diffs.... Any help would be great!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
If you are going coil overs or air shocks the offset means nothing, just some tabs on the axle. if you are doing standard coils then probably a little more work. Also get ready for your pocket book to take a hit. LOL

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rockrat said:
If you are going coil overs or air shocks the offset means nothing, just some tabs on the axle. if you are doing standard coils then probably a little more work. Also get ready for your pocket book to take a hit. LOL

pocket book will always get hit (about as hard as my Hardcore skid!).... LOL

It just doesnt seen to have enough room to mount links to me!! :confused:

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
A couple:

My rear diff is centered, but even if it were offset, there'd still be plenty of room for the links.........

HTH,

·
Registered
238 Posts
BillJ-

What did you use for that rear driveshaft. I noticed a CV in the pic. I did a D44 swap in mine and I am trying to find a CV shaft to use without spending $300-400 for a custom.

Thanks ahead of time!

Eric P.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Do a toy CV and put the conversion joint at the pinion side and you are all good. Toy shaft $50-$75 conversion joint $25.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
epike7915 said:
BillJ-

What did you use for that rear driveshaft. I noticed a CV in the pic. I did a D44 swap in mine and I am trying to find a CV shaft to use without spending $300-400 for a custom.

Thanks ahead of time!

Eric P.

It's a CV out of a Toy pick-up, nothing special. The flange is a little different than the zuk t-case flange, so a little lathe and mill work was required. The rest is a just cut and weld job.......

·
Registered
316 Posts
Rockrat said:
Do a toy CV and put the conversion joint at the pinion side and you are all good. Toy shaft $50-$75 conversion joint $25.
that brings up a good point ... do you have the part number for the conversion joint? i've seen a few people say they were gonna post it up, but then they never came through with it in the end.

thanks scott

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes... The brand and part # of the conversion joint would definately save some time @ the part store. I assume it is a front driveshaft used out of a Toy, correct? And lastly, what year Toy shaft is best?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I will post it up tonight when i get to the shop

·
Registered
316 Posts
84-85 front shafts i've heard are the better years, but don't know for sure ... someone else who actually uses them (instead of letting them sit on the floor for months at a time :rolleyes: ) can say for certain.

I will post it up tonight when i get to the shop
thanks scott!

·
Registered
17,975 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
P/n??

anybody have any luck getting that conversion u-joint part number??

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
No Problem

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Dont know if you still need to see some pics, but I searched to no end on here and never really found the same pics. :rolleyes: Anyway here is one of mine, it turned out pretty good and the leaf will mount to the top of it. Its made from 1/2" X 4" steel so I think it should hold up! :flipoff2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts