Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start a winter project and build a dana 44 for the front of my 2000 tj. Ive been searching for some time for one out of a rubicon that i can bolt in but havent had any luck. Question is , which housing is the best for this build and what do i get it out of? Also , any info on this project would be greatly appreciated, im sure its been done plenty of times. Thanks! Brian.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Search

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
AAA Auto Recycling in Minnesota had a Rubi axle last time I was there (about 1.5 weeks ago) didn't ask the price, too narrow for me.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
flexaholic said:
Im sure its been done plenty of times. Thanks! Brian.
Yeah, keep searching...

Are you ready to sell your rims, and get new ones?
Are you ready to swap your rear axle?

If no, keep seaching for your TJ 44 front... but unless your replacing ring and pinions... why would you want one? They are not much stronger than your current front.
If you're going to ask what 44 you can run, start reading this thread from the top...

If you don't like the answers from this board, try google on "Dana 44"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry FUCKBAG! dident realize i put it under the hardcore section! I already upgraded my rear end, running 488s locked, 8.8, chromo shafts. dont want to put any more mony into my dana 30 but with 37s, 38s i figured a 44 would be all i need instead of the extra weight of a 60.

·
Registered
367 Posts
76 f150 cut down to stock waggy width. itll have half inch tubes.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Real Hardcore fuckbag :shaking:
"I figured out the biggest problem was I had the calipers on the wrong sides, I had the bleeder valves on the bottom I switched the calipers to the correct sides and I have brakes now."

Everyone asks questions?:shaking:

·
Registered
982 Posts
What is hardcore about bolting in a 44. build it fag. and do a d60 the first time
it is cheaper becuse you will want one later.
The man speaks the truth. I went with a HP44 and now wish I would have gone with a 60. One of these days I will swap in a HP60, but I can't afford close to $1000 that everyone wants for one. One of these days I will find someone who doesn't know what they have and hopefully get a 60 for a good deal.

The only strength gain you will get from a Rubi 44 is the ring and pinion and the inner axle splines. Everything else si teh same crap that is on the Dana 30 you have. Go with either a 76 or 77 F-150 HP44 and cut it to waggy width or get a waggy 44 if you don't want to have to deal with shortening an axle.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I want to start a winter project and build a dana 44 for the front of my 2000 tj. Ive been searching for some time for one out of a rubicon that i can bolt in but havent had any luck. Question is , which housing is the best for this build and what do i get it out of? Also , any info on this project would be greatly appreciated, im sure its been done plenty of times. Thanks! Brian.
this is a perfect example of WHAT NOT to post in the hard core side(the dark side)

Not to flame you to bad, put this in the non-hard core side ok.

And yes, A YJD44 rubicon edition is nothing but a larger R&P with a locker. Since you gotta do a gear change, just get a waggy front d44/weld on your brackets, install matching gears, locker, swap over your outer hubs from you stock crap and its a day!

And you will break it in a year with 37 plus tires.

good luck

·
Registered
714 Posts
:shaking:
this is a perfect example of WHAT NOT to post in the hard core side(the dark side)

Not to flame you to bad, put this in the non-hard core side ok.

And yes, A YJD44 rubicon edition is nothing but a larger R&P with a locker. Since you gotta do a gear change, just get a waggy front d44/weld on your brackets, install matching gears, locker, swap over your outer hubs from you stock crap and its a day!

And you will break it in a year with 37 plus tires.

good luck

wow a newb calling out another newb.

jpfrk2001, Care to explain how you "swap over your outer hubs from you stock crap" on to a waggie 44??? This must be some new tech here...swapping d30 stuff onto a waggie 44

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
:shaking:

wow a newb calling out another newb.

jpfrk2001, Care to explain how you "swap over your outer hubs from you stock crap" on to a waggie 44??? This must be some new tech here...swapping d30 stuff onto a waggie 44
My bad. I should have said knuckle/hub assembly from the d30 to the d44. I have seen where people swapped over the knuckle/hub/brake assembly from a d30 to a d44 to keep thier wheel bolt pattern. I've never done it, but have seen it.

I just kept my 8 lug 6.5 inch bolt pattern when I did my axle swap. I never saw the end good result of keeping the small stock brakes from a d30.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey ...sorry guys i posted this in the hardcore section... it was a mistake. If someone knows how to move it to the non hardcore section be my gust. I guss we all have to start somewhere and maby someday ill be able to talk to you guys in the hardcore section...lol. Thanks to the guys that did help me out...it was appreciated!

·
Registered
367 Posts
just toss em the bird! Theyre all a bit tired of the same posts after having spent the past 6 years webwheeling and missing out on actual dirt :flipoff2: if you want a bolt in thats great. It has been covered a million times on JeepsUnlimited im sure.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ya you definitely put it in the wrong section. And i wouldnt call anyone a fuck tard on here until you have a red star by your name and some posts under your name. Pirate is an awesome board, filled with all kinds of great info but pretty much if your not running 1 tons, your going to either get shit here or nothing at all. Try SEARCHING here, JU and ROF. Youll find less "hardcore" stuff there.

But to answer your question. Id do a wagoneer 44. I hope to build one in the near future when i put 37s on my jeep. Theres shit loads of info about putting one in TJs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts