Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was instaling new balljoints in the hp44 when I noticed that I had a problem:mad:. After pulling the front axles I noticed that when I would move the stub shaft aroung all 4 caps were rotating in the axles. I thought the ujoint was bad, but after farther disasembly the ujoint looked fine.
The shaft were brand new Spicer inners and outers from Dutchman less than 4 years ago.

I am going to replace them with either Warn's or another equivalent.
Who have you guys gotten your shafts from?

The short side is 14 1/2" the longside is 29".

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
LESS THAN 4 YRS AGO. I`DE SAY U ARE DOING PRETTY WELL. TACK WELD THE CAPS AND CALL IT GOOD. sorry for yelling:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They should last longer that that. this rig is wheeled a lot, but not abused. Also, the axle has not seen a busted ujoint.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Tack weld the caps. I boogered one of mine replacing the u-joint a few years ago. One tack on both sides of the yoke and it held up for another year until I threw some Warns and CTMs in.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
withamc said:
Tack weld the caps. I boogered one of mine replacing the u-joint a few years ago. One tack on both sides of the yoke and it held up for another year until I threw some Warns and CTMs in.
I don't think the tacks will hold up very long, there is no press fit at all on the caps, they are going to be trail spares.

Where did you get your Warns and CTM's???
Did you need custom lenght's or are they a factory application.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts