Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get a dana 44 on the rear of my s10. i would have to get it cut down to size then im gonna do 4.10s and a detroit, i just need to find the right axle. i know they came on some of the big jeep pickups but not sure what models/years. what trucks should i be lookin at to find a dana 44?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Try the Pirate bible first and then the search button!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think a scout rear would work for you, but if you're into jeep rear ends then try one from a waggy....should be about the right width...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Damn dude, how many times do I have to tell you, don't cut that shit down:mad:

I'll send you some pics of mine with the full widths under there. I think you will like it, if not then there is something wrong with you

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you could find matching 44's out of a J10, or even a 44/60 combo from a J20 I think you would be happy with the width. But seriously, I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but depending on the wheel and tire combo you are running, full width axles won't be too wide. I sent you some pictures of mine with the full width 44/14 bolt, and I am running 36x12.50r15's on 15x8 wheels with I think maybe 3.5" or 4" backspacing. but I am still running the stock ZR2 flares. I am thinking about ditching the flares though.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just dont want em stickin out too far. with stock axles and 32s they stick out 1" past the body and i dont want flares. ive been pulled over bout 5 times for not havin flares but always been able to talk my way out of getttin a fix-it ticket. if i get 33s and full widths its gonna be like 3" past the body per side. how wide are your tires? i wanna run either 33x13.50s or 33x12.50s.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Damn dude, that really sucks. I'm sorry to here that. Hear in NC it seems like we can get away with a lot of vehicular modifications that you guys can't. So do you not want them to stick out at all? because the taller you go and the less they stick out, the less stable it's going to be. oh well, maybe flares wouldn't be so bad after all, it's a lot cheaper than narrowing axles.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What wheel-bolt pattern are you going to be running? The Waggies use either a 5 on 5.5 (up to '73) or a 6 on 5.5 ('74 and later).

But the rear axles from the XJ's and MJ's use the same pattern that the S-10's came with. The axles are harder to find, but it might be cheaper than converting over to the different lug-pattern.

Just a thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts