Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happen to install a dana 44 axle in my 99 tj over last winter it was cheep and I installed rear disk detroit e locker and yukon axels in it. I am running 35" bf krawler tires. I was wondering if it would be worth 4 linking this rear or just go for a 14 bolt or a dana 60. I don't play on ever running anything larger than a 37 krawler. I do mostly hardcore trails and it has work good so far. The thing is I can prob. sell it as a complete rear and take that cash and bulid a 60 or something,but I brake it its not worth anything and I have to start from scratch again. I don't plan on changeing the 6,because its fuel injected of course and to change to an 8 would be expensive because I like injection for the hardcore climbs etc. THANKS for your reply!:shaking:

·
Registered
706 Posts
I happen to install a dana 44 axle in my 99 tj over last winter it was cheep and I installed rear disk detroit e locker and yukon axels in it. I am running 35" bf krawler tires. I was wondering if it would be worth 4 linking this rear or just go for a 14 bolt or a dana 60. I don't play on ever running anything larger than a 37 krawler. I do mostly hardcore trails and it has work good so far. The thing is I can prob. sell it as a complete rear and take that cash and bulid a 60 or something,but I brake it its not worth anything and I have to start from scratch again. I don't plan on changeing the 6,because its fuel injected of course and to change to an 8 would be expensive because I like injection for the hardcore climbs etc. THANKS for your reply!:shaking:
WOW!!
Okay I think I understand what your asking so I'll give it a shot.
Your D44 if from a TJ has weaker axle tubes than other D44's. 35" tires are about the limit for it. So yes you should look at selling it and building a D60 or 14 bolt if you plan on going to 37" tires.

·
Mr. Lucky
1,406 Posts
I have a D44R and a D30F both locked and 4.88 ring and pinion. I am in the same boat you are! I am gonna run what I have, fix what I destroy and piece together a set of 60's over time. Relax, go wheelin and enjoy! You will be able to sell your junk later.

Next thouught: Send me the $ you were going to spend on your axles and I will upgrade and sell my Junk!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The rear I got cheep was from an 05 rubicon. Thanks

You need a D60 rear if you plan on 37s. The rubi 44 is not an incredibly stout axle and you will break the rear locker or shafts with 37s.

Use a damn paragraph, BTW.:shaking:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts