Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Dana 44 rotors that I need are the common 1/2 ton version that are used on Chevy, Ford, full size Jeeps, etc. Anybody know if these can be had with a 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern. Didn't Dodge use this pattern? :confused:

thanks,

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
I suspect that a D30 rotor would work, depending on what size center hole you need.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oldjeep said:
I suspect that a D30 rotor would work, depending on what size center hole you need.
Yea that's true. I hadn't thought about that. Anbody know the outside diameter of the XJ, YJ, TJ, Dana 30 rotors. Or more specifically, does anyone know how similar these rotors are to the Chevy 1/2 ton rotors?

·
Registered
528 Posts
mid-late 70's 1/2 ton dodge pickups with fulltime 4wd

(i know for a fact that the 78's like this were 5 on 4.5")

if you want to try Jeep rotors, 92+ XJ rotors had a larger inside diameter for the rotor "hat"

there were also two different measures of backspacing on the rotors (XJ, 92-98 and TJ are different, TJ being shallower)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CheapXJ said:
mid-late 70's 1/2 ton dodge pickups with fulltime 4wd

(i know for a fact that the 78's like this were 5 on 4.5")

if you want to try Jeep rotors, 92+ XJ rotors had a larger inside diameter for the rotor "hat"

there were also two different measures of backspacing on the rotors (XJ, 92-98 and TJ are different, TJ being shallower)

That's great, thanks for the info. I thought that I had heard that Dodge used 5 on 4.5".

:)

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Also dodge stealths had a slide over rotor. I was going to use mine.. but ended up going 8 lug.. same size as a dodge half ton rotor, just 1" think (**I THINK***).. so it uses the eldorado or monte carlo callipers.. if you want both, drop me a PM.

Garrett

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hick said:
Also dodge stealths had a slide over rotor. I was going to use mine.. but ended up going 8 lug.. same size as a dodge half ton rotor, just 1" think (**I THINK***).. so it uses the eldorado or monte carlo callipers.. if you want both, drop me a PM.

Garrett
What's a slide over rotor?

Thank you for the offer. I need to plan out this project a little more before I buy anything.

:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
The problem isn't with the rotor. The big problem is getting the center of a 5x4.5 lug patern rim over a standard d44 wheel hub. The center hole of the rim is tooo small. Might be possible with a warn FF kit using the Bronco 2 style crap.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The 5x4.5 dodge 44 uses a very small hub. The wheels should fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts