Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find these parts anywhere or do i know what their names are

The seal3 one is called a inner grease seal or thats what i Think it is called.

The second one is on either side of the carrier just inside the axle tube
thanks for any help

had this posted in newb but nobody knew!

Attachments

·
Registered
767 Posts
I know you can find these at Napa. The one near the carrier is the inner axle seal, the other looks like the seal for the inner bearing that slides over the spindle.

·
Registered
982 Posts
If it is what I am thinking the second one (seal2) is an axle seal. It seals around the axle shaft to keep the gear oil in the differential and kind of sits up adgainst the carrier bearings. Where did you pull the seal3 out of? I can't think of where it is located on the axle. Napa should be able to get the seals if you take the old ones with you and tell them what part of the axle they came out of.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! they came out of a 78 cherrokee ! the one is a inner axle seal the other one i thought was called the inner grease seal

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grnscru said:
If it is what I am thinking the second one (seal2) is an axle seal. It seals around the axle shaft to keep the gear oil in the differential and kind of sits up adgainst the carrier bearings. Where did you pull the seal3 out of? I can't think of where it is located on the axle. Napa should be able to get the seals if you take the old ones with you and tell them what part of the axle they came out of.
IT came out by the hub...I think maybe the inner grease seal.. idk anybody know the exact name

·
Registered
485 Posts
thats just a front inner wheel bearing seal . you also have a couple other seals when you pull the Spindle off called the spindle bearing seal kit (3 piece seals kit ) which you dont have pictured .. heres the wheel bearing seal part # from napa NOS 24898 ... the part #'s for the axle shaft seals are left (drivers side) #NOS 13246 and the right (Pass side) #NOS 13165

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
huit-huit said:
I can't find these parts anywhere or do i know what their names are

The seal3 one is called a inner grease seal or thats what i Think it is called.

The second one is on either side of the carrier just inside the axle tube
thanks for any help

had this posted in newb but nobody knew!
Ok, if this was on my web page I was going to point out how many times you've posted simple info that can be found. Your luckly. :flipoff2:

WHat number is it?

IF this chart doesn't have it, I've another one that does.

ALso note, 90% or better of all the info I have can be found on the Spicer Expert web page.

·
Registered
485 Posts
you must of had a retard help you then or thats the lamest napa store around .. these are some of THE MOst Common used seals for a front axle .... thats the probloem with parts places any more you dont have qualified help at5 them any more .. i been in the parts business for about 20 yrs now and have seen the quality of experianced people workin at them drop drastically ... those part #'s i gave you came from a Napa web site ... NOS is the line code (NOS= napa oil seal) the part # is 24898 .. if they dont have them Order them then ..

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Billdoe said:
you must of had a retard help you then or thats the lamest napa store around .. these are some of THE MOst Common used seals for a front axle .... thats the probloem with parts places any more you dont have qualified help at5 them any more .. i been in the parts business for about 20 yrs now and have seen the quality of experianced people workin at them drop drastically ... those part #'s i gave you came from a Napa web site ... NOS is the line code (NOS= napa oil seal) the part # is 24898 .. if they dont have them Order them then ..
Pretty sure its a little of both

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Billdoe said:
you must of had a retard help you then or thats the lamest napa store around ..
My guess is he asked for "The seal3 one is called a inner grease seal or thats what i Think it is called.
The second one is on either side of the carrier just inside the axle tube "

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its times like these I wish I didnt live in a town that only has 2,000 people and the closest big town (over 25,000 people) is 50 miles away

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I just did the balljoints and wheelbearings on my Chevy D44.Carquest had all of them in stock.Your NAPA must really suck!!I have gotten all these from NAPA before no problem.50 miles is nothing!!I drive 60 miles one way for work everyday!!!Used to drive about 100 before!

·
Registered
485 Posts
#50 is a napa #BK1 line code is BRG or the cheaper set is PBK1 line code PGB .. line code means the brand its listed under in the computor ... the kit comes with both seals for the spindle and the needle bearing ... when i bought mine it didnt come with the plastic washer i had to locate that somewhere else . hope that helps , Bill

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fucking Napa! i went there today with the part numbers and everythign and they told be it was a wheel bearing is this correct?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts