Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dana 44 rear axle, offset, about 52inches from rear backing plate to opposite plate. Set up for a spring over conversion, pads are 44 inches across I belive, will check. Open. I need a T-90, model 18, seats, underseat gas tank for a M.B. or just about anything else for it! let me know what ya got. Located in Prescott Valley AZ.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure. I was given a military flatty, but if I took it I had to take the frame/axles that were sitting next to it. The frame it came off of was a willys cj2a frame, but nothing lined up, not even the spring perches. It seems mabye the previous owner was gonna build up something and kinda threw it under there. The axle appears to be receintly rebuilt..
it is open, not sure what gear ratio. He just put some u bolts around the housing and kinda strapped it lightly to the leaves and let it sit there I guess. I would use it, but it is way to wide for the flatty.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
parts for trade dont need to be flatty specific. I just need some seats...preferably some beards in decent shape or just the molded plastic ones..something to sit on that would look decent

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Funny you say 52" is too wide, the stock axle is 50"

I have a rear from a 48 2A sitting in my garage (WMS 50"), I am putting waggy axles in it, and 58" is my target.

Too bad you arent in cali, as I have TONS of flatty stuff you are looking for (48 2A, trans to front&rear diffs).
3 t-cases, 2 trannies front and rear axles....
Unfortunatly, none of it is easily shippable, and it all needs a rebuild (its all been sitting 5+ years, NOT in the jeep).
2 gas tanks, rear seat frame (I might wanna keep the rear seat frame)....
PM me if you are interested in buying some of my stuff, but ONLY if you arrange shipping/crating....

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will have to remeasure it then and get the correct length. whatever it is, just about 7/8ths of the tire was sticking out of either side, and unless I had a stout frame, chevy small block and some boggers, to me it just wouldnt look right..I am trying to build it lightweight...
(and just for reference, I used the same wheel/tire combo on the original axle as I did on my 44, so its not just the backspacing or anything)

·
Registered
323 Posts
onewhitezj said:
I will have to remeasure it then and get the correct length. whatever it is, just about 7/8ths of the tire was sticking out of either side, and unless I had a stout frame, chevy small block and some boggers, to me it just wouldnt look right..I am trying to build it lightweight...
(and just for reference, I used the same wheel/tire combo on the original axle as I did on my 44, so its not just the backspacing or anything)

If you do a deal with the guy above, hit www.freightquote.com

I've used them to purchase axles out of the midwest alot. The seller just has to get them unbolted, freightquote arranges a shipper to go out, pick the item up, palette it, and delivers it. They bill the recieving guy, so its really easy for the seller. Prices are pretty good too.. I think I just paid $400 to have a set of dana 60's shipped from coast to coast, weighed in at 1015 pounds.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
guages, any one wanna trade for some gauges? Radiator? I need a lot of stuff.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts