Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So deleted my other posts in the other forums asking for help on this to make this one with the info I have so far on this front axle. Both axles are 5 lug.

Front axle:

BOM #: 603030 3 (nothing coming up on BOM search)

Front shot

Drivers side:

Passengers side:

Pinion:

Rear Axle is an offset.

BOM #: 602852 4 (again nothing coming up on searches)

From rear:

Pinion:

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
old cj7/5 stuff?

closed knuckle fronts use smaller ujoints and are generaly avoided.

are you sure that the front is a d44 and not a d27? did you look at the flanges around the diff cover and back of the diff housing, there should be a d-xx somewhere on there.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
old cj7/5 stuff?

closed knuckle fronts use smaller ujoints and are generaly avoided.

are you sure that the front is a d44 and not a d27? did you look at the flanges around the diff cover and back of the diff housing, there should be a d-xx somewhere on there.
yea right on the front of the flange it has Dana 44.

I am thinking there is a possibility of older Jeep stuff. Maybe waggy or cherokee since diff has that passenger offset to it. I already have a 14b sitting in my garage at home with a disc break conversion done that I could drop in, just wanted to see what I already have in there. Gonna be rolling on those while I do my other stuff as well.

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
no on the waggy /cherokee, they were all 6 lug, except for the 2wd stuff, you could get a 5 x 4.5" rear d44 on certain mj's/xjs but they were centerd diffs.

i wonder if they are mb stuff from just before the cj5s in the late 50's early 60's

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
603030-3

AMC - Jeep Model 44 front
1968 - '70 V-8 J10 light truck & J20,30 Medium truck
4.09 ratio

602852-4

No listing in my info, but the BOM number dates it to approximately the same year range as the front axle. Some very similar numbers are listed for Jeep Model 44 rear axles.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are a bit too wide for CJ hence why I though FSJ instead.

Pretty wide stance on a Jeepster:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
603030-3

AMC - Jeep Model 44 front
1968 - '70 V-8 J10 light truck & J20,30 Medium truck
4.09 ratio

602852-4

No listing in my info, but the BOM number dates it to approximately the same year range as the front axle. Some very similar numbers are listed for Jeep Model 44 rear axles.
I didn't look it up, but the date seems right to me also.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice Blackdog and thanks to all. Gonna keep them as my rollers right now to work on the Jeepster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts