Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87 YJ with a 5 speed and am in the process of trying to replace all that is necessary. I want to change out the Dana 35 in the rear and the 30 up front. I've checked ebay a million times and a few jeep junkyards, but there is nothing that is in decent condition. Does anyone have a kickass source or idea? I also want to change out the tranny. I replaced the 4.2 with a 97' 4.0 and it doesn't quite match to the 87 tranny. It runs ok but I had to insert a bushing for it to work..:confused:

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
wouldn't you have the Peugeot tranny in an 87?

...and it still actually works?

why don't you start by filling out where the hell you are so people can tell you where to look for parts.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
mudtruck44 said:
What Dana 44's are you looking for? There are none that even come close to bolting up to a YJ.
And you would know this how? Mud-bog loving Toyota boy?

1980 and up Waggoneer Dana 44's are a near bolt-in into a YJ, and a Scout II Dana 44 rear also works well.....but that's not what you're asking....what are you asking?

You are a newbie, so go use the search or prepare to be flamed, you've had your warning.....just hope that BIGDUDE(small man syndrome...bawahahahahaha!!!) doesn't see this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dual Dana44's/Geared/Locked Set up for a YJ SOA

Hey Chris,

I am upgrading my driveline and this is what I have to sell..

Dana 44 Front ( drivers side Dump) $1800.00 obo

Ingredients:

* Ford Bronco Dana 44 ( Driver side dump)
* Flat Top Chevy Steering Knuckles
* 30 spline shafts
* High Steer Arm/ plus hyme joint steering.
* 4:10's
* Set up for Spring Over Axle

Dana 44 Rear $2000.00 obo

Ingredients:

* Scout Dana 44
* Disc Brakes
* 4:10's
* Detriot Soft Locker
* Set up for Spring Over Axle

NP 231 T-Case w/ SYE. $500.00 obo

* 1994 NP 231( 23 spline)
* SYE

@ Note.. Axles have a 5 51/2 ( CJ Bolt Pattern)

Also have CJ rims and 35 inch Boggers

e-mail [email protected]

Thanks, Oh ya :flipoff2:

Bp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh ya

Not sure what tranny you have.. If it's a 5 spd prolly the Peugot POS.

I am running a 904 ( auto/came in YJ's) So my T-case is a 23 spline t-case..

all angles are mint and everything works well.. I am in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

PRICES R IN CANADIAN $$$:D :D

Thanks

Bp.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Re: Dual Dana44's/Geared/Locked Set up for a YJ SOA

Bush Pig said:
Hey Chris,

Dana 44 Rear $2000.00 obo

Bp.
Did any one else almost die from fits of laughter here? A scout or wagoneer rear should be less then $200 then add price of gears, locker, and disks....... Hmm were is the rest of that money going or is the exchange rate that crazy?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for all the "helpfull" advice. Yeah it's the Peugeot. I'm thinking about the T-18 for the trans. and then of course i need to change the NP 207. as for the axle swap, the scout version should do it. I'll check on the wagoneer. I just moved to the Santa Cruz area so anyone around there that has some shit they want to get rid of...and to all you assholes out there, why don't you go get a big cup of Shut the Fuck up!:flipoff2: Thanks again :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
X change rates

2000$ CAD =1315 real money
1800$CAD =1183
500$ CAD = 328

BTW newbie why dont you do some searching and leave us the fuck alone dont waste our time with Dana 44 matching your purse questions.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Chris553 said:
...and to all you assholes out there, why don't you go get a big cup of Shut the Fuck up!:flipoff2: Thanks again :)
You're a retard. Maybe if your post would have made sense, with an actual question, people would be able to help you.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Re: Dual Dana44's/Geared/Locked Set up for a YJ SOA

NE-RokToy said:

Did any one else almost die from fits of laughter here? A scout or wagoneer rear should be less then $200 then add price of fears,, locker, and disks....... Hmm were is the rest of that money going or is the exchange rate that crazy?
NE-RokToy..Laughing all the way to the bank :flipoff2: I am sure that not all people on this board are as mechanically inclined as yourself:flipoff2: Anywhore this set up has been sold

Hey Chris Good luck with your build

Bp.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
wow you spent all this time to dig up this worthless post for a 3 moth old futile attempt at an ego boost :confused:

why dont ya take that 2 grand and buy a clue

·
Registered
98 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by NE-RokToy

then add price of fears,, locker, and disks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are the prices of a good set of "fears" anyway?

·
Registered
17,634 Posts
cj7 said:
quote:
Originally posted by NE-RokToy

then add price of fears,, locker, and disks

What are the prices of a good set of "fears" anyway?
BWAHAHAHA.. I was waiting for someone to say that.. but hey, its just a simple typo :)
Scott

·
Registered
98 Posts
Damn keyboards! My last fear set came complete with a high degree of pucker and Elvis leg!!:laughing: When your foot's on the floor, you gotta hope your breaks will hold. Since then I've installed power brakes.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
usmcdoc14 said:
wow you spent all this time to dig up this worthless post for a 3 moth old futile attempt at an ego boost :confused:

why dont ya take that 2 grand and buy a clue
Too bad you have to wait 3 more months for his next reply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
lol.. Na I don't frequent this board as often as I'd like to:rolleyes:

Think I'm gonna start hang'n out here a bit more..I need to build up my self esteem:flipoff2: This seems like a good board to do that.

My axles have been sold:D

SO I ain't a newbie, but here you go to satisfy the ego's that need be.

Does anyone know what the part number is for a 78 CJ muffler bearing
:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Thanks in Advance

Bp.
;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts