Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took my two seat buggy out for some testing since the front bracket failure(thanks B_ _ _ _ _ ic...:shaking: ) at the last cal-rocs event and the front arb wont stay engauged....it acts like it good until you need the right front tire to climb and it unlocks.

I checked the easy things...swapped the air lines at the solinoids(since I just installed the 14 bolt arb two weeks ago...)no change...and the rear still works fine with the front switch and solinoid....

the pump doesnt run excessivly so and air leak inside it pretty much out.....

So what could I have bent or tweaked???I was planning to put the alloy inner axles in this week before the donner event....but might be shit outta luck on competeing without a front locker........:(

Thanks for any ideas in advance.....:grinpimp:

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
Call ARB Monday Morn. or!

Mine, was doing the same thing though, I found out my current compressor set-up was not building up enough air pressure.
If you have no are leaks and all solenoids checked out fine, I say pull the front diff. cover off, and remove the are line, and run compressed air, with a blow off nozzle though make sure you don't have over 100 psi in your compressor tank running through it might blow your air seal.
See if it engages and disingages, turn the axles!

My .02
Good Luck
:(

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No low pinion chevy 60.....I think I got it fixed,the metal tube only had a very small hole in it(from being recently cut)so I filed the end of the tube,made sure the tube went up into the fitting and reassembled.I tried it out in the back yard and it seems ok but its mostly dirt.Ill take it out on the rocks tomorrow and recheck it.The strange thing is I can hear the rear(14 bolt) one go in and out but the front makes no noise...(but I cant remember it making any audible noise before I installed the rear arb either....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts