Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of degreeing my knukles got the donenow on rotating the pinion up about 10 to 12 degrees but what is the best method with correcting to the studs have a set bent a 12 also , weld up the hole redrill and tap at 12 degrees or what I need some help please TIA:(

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Have done a couple of these. The easiest way was mentioned by Fred. Angle the cast in pad(grind/sawzall) then make a shim the same or close to put on top of the leaf spings.

Or the much harder but sturdier way. Take your torch and trim as much as you can from the cast spring pad. Now you will have a hundred people tell you why you shouldn't or can't torch the cast center. If this bothers you you can skip this step. Then take the bigest grinder you have and go to town. What you are trying to do here is to make it look like there was never a spring pad there. Once you have it looking good, weld a new/recyled spring pad on. And rotate the other one to match what ever you need. Now for the u-bolts. On the side you cut, ground, ect. you will use one u-bolt around the tube, the other will go around the center. The one that goes around the center will end up have a bend in it from snaking around the bottom, cover, and your new spring plate. My friend has been beating the hell out of his (in the mud) and has not had anyproblem for the past 5 years.

I just did another one last month, how did I do it? With a shim!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts