Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for giggles, I priced a pair of Dana 60 SRW front hubs at the local Chevy dealer's Saturday. He said the only way they come is the hubs and rotors all in one piece. Never heard of that before. Anybody ever heard of that or have any experience with them?

·
Registered
330 Posts
How much was the quote?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I got a quote from the Dodge dealer, where my father-in-law works $528 for one.
Highhonda has D60 hubs for a really good price shipped for PPB members. Best price I've been able to find.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jac6695 said:
How much was the quote?
$165 each, which really surprised me. Usually dealers are off the charts on their prices. That would be $330 for a pair. And that's hubs AND rotors.

Are these one piece deals set up for the traditional pair of bearings, or the new sealed unit bearing?

They didn't have any in stock, but were willing to order one in for me to look at with no obligation to buy. Should be in today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
caveat emptor

I will convey my "dealer hub" story.

Went in one day and told the dealer just that: I need a front SRW hub for a Dana 60.

What I got (after waiting for 3 weeks) was a REAR Dana 60 hub. :mad3:

Double check the PN with this one: 15635530.

That is the GM PN for the front hub & rotor.

If you can get them at that price and they are in fact that cheap, let me know, 'cause I will take a couple :D

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
themaddhatter said:

Went in one day and told the dealer just that: I need a front SRW hub for a Dana 60.

What I got (after waiting for 3 weeks) was a REAR Dana 60 hub. :mad3:

If you can get them at that price and they are in fact that cheap, let me know, 'cause I will take a couple :D
I agree that is too cheap last quote I got was in the 600. range EACH

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
themaddhatter said:

:D
I just checked my order receipt. That's the number, 15635530. The only other thing is maybe I heard him wrong on the price, or maybe he quoted me wrong. At any rate, I'll find out for sure in a day or so when it comes in and let you guys know.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Any word on this yet????

Hope it works out for ya

Shane

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
themaddhatter said:
Any word on this yet????

Hope it works out for ya

Shane
Just got a call that the parts are in. I'll be checking them out on the way home from work. I'll post my findings either tonite or tomorrow.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
WHOO HOO! Wait til you hear this!

I checked out the so-called one piece hub-rotor. It is the same as the two piece setup, except it is already assembled with the lug studs and even has the bearing races installed in the hub. It WILL come apart and I found out that rotors are available separately. In other words, if you need a rotor, you don't have to buy the whole hub-rotor assembly again. You can't buy just the hubs though, to get hubs, you have to buy the hub-rotor assembly.

So, I asked the price again. The parts guy said just rotors were $146.06. Now, I'm not sure if that was each, or a pair. Next he said the hub-rotor assemblies were $229 each. That would be $458 for a pair. Still not too bad for hubs, bearing races, lug studs, and rotors, and already assembled even.

Now for the REAL good news! I said to the guy, "I was told when I ordered it that it was $165." Without batting an eye he replied "Well if that's what you were quoted, we'll stick by it." I said, "OK, I'll take this one, and order me another one like it." I figured I'd end up paying the $229 for the second one, and really didn't have a big problem with that, but when I got home, I looked at my order receipt, and he charged me the same $160.65 for the second one!!!

So, I got two brand spanking new OEM hubs with bearing races, rotors, and 16 new lug studs for a grand total of $321.30!!! I am one happy camper this evening needless to say. (The hubs are apparently made by BUDD as it is cast into them.)

·
Registered
529 Posts
according to GMSPO, trade price is 160.62 (auto shops with proof of business) and list price is 229.45.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
That's what I suspected. They gave me dealer price. They were too quick to agree to giving me the better price to have been losing money or something.

All I know is it worked out great for me. I needed hubs AND rotors. If somebody just needs hubs, they end up buying rotors too. BUT...if they can qualify for dealer prices, which usually isn't too hard to pull off, it's still a better deal than the cheapest prices I've found anywhere else for just bare hubs.

Sure surprised the snot outta me. I've always found the dealers to be the last place you wanted to go...price-wise.

The other thing is there were no shipping charges. These things weigh a ton. I'd hate to see what the shipping charges would be.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Sweet deal man! That is killer

Shane

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
hub and rotor setup with lugs

ok,
any of you guys interested in this hub with the rotor and studs, i will see want i can do to supply you guys with it.

let me know via pm if you are interested, seriously only

if i can get them can i am thinking $400 for a pair shipped to your door.

as stated above they are heavy so the extra is to cover the shipping, but still a great savings.

let me know so i can figure out the amount to purchase.

thanks
doug

1 - 20 of 67 Posts