Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just checked my local dealership and they quoted me $880CAD, which would convert roughtly to the inital $528 quote....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
OK, now that we figured out where to get hubs, can anybody tell us where we can get those metal shields, mud slingers, or whatever you call them, on the axle shafts.

I'm talking about the large thin metal piece right behind the yokes. One covers and protects the spindle seals and the other does the same for the open end of the axle tube.

We are converting to 35 spline stub shafts, and the new ones don't have these on them. I searched thru the Front Dana 60 Bible several times and couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
1980_Cj7 said:
OK, now that we figured out where to get hubs, can anybody tell us where we can get those metal shields, mud slingers, or whatever you call them, on the axle shafts.

I'm talking about the large thin metal piece right behind the yokes. One covers and protects the spindle seals and the other does the same for the open end of the axle tube.

We are converting to 35 spline stub shafts, and the new ones don't have these on them. I searched thru the Front Dana 60 Bible several times and couldn't find anything.

You can buy those anywhere they sell Spicer parts.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I got mine from Mad4wd. I made a post a while back asking where to get one. I had already tried all the "drivetrain" shops in the area...some were even "4x4 & drivetrain". None of them could get them for me. I even gave them the spicer #. Mad4wd got them to me (along with the spindle kit SB3 for alot less then around here) in a couple days. IIRC the slingers were under $2 each.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Our front 60 didn't have axleshafts with it when we got it or I'd just be swapping the slingers from them over to the new ones.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Glad to be able to help. I wanted to share this info because I know how long and hard I have been searching for a decent buy on Chevy Dana 60 SRW front hubs. Used ones are scarce and new ones usually aren't cheap.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just a quick FYI, www.gmpartsdirect.com has these for $114 each. I didn't quite believe it until they showed up at my door but sure enough it's the real thing. Shipping to NY was $50 for a pair (100 lbs via DHL) and they're special order so it takes a little longer than a week to get them. For that price though, I was more than willing to wait.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I bought some from Doug Brown {highonda} about 6 months ago on Ebay. He is easy to do business with and very helpfull. It would be best to buy the whole assembly{hub rotor and studs}.I only purchased the hubs so I had to buy the studs and drill the rotors out. Doing it that way cost almost $500.

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
Joe_88k5 said:
Just a quick FYI, www.gmpartsdirect.com has these for $114 each. I didn't quite believe it until they showed up at my door but sure enough it's the real thing. Shipping to NY was $50 for a pair (100 lbs via DHL) and they're special order so it takes a little longer than a week to get them. For that price though, I was more than willing to wait.
that is an awesome first post. :beer:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Joe_88k5 said:
Do you have a part # for that from GMparts

·
Registered
330 Posts
From his post over at CK5: GM part number 15635530. Happy shopping! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
370 Posts
jac6695 said:
From his post over at CK5: GM part number 15635530. Happy shopping! :flipoff2:
So this has been posted on CK5.com?

I was gonna go post a link there to this thread as it seems very useful. I wouldn't have seen his post there cause all I do is look in parts wanted/4 sale anymore.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Nice score. I'm going to try the same in my area!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah that would be me! I'm jcg on CK5. I usually just lurk around here but figured that was too good a deal to keep to myself. It's the same part number that everyone has been talking about in this post, for the hub/rotor assembly. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, been busy.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
ARRGGGGG!!! I spent $550 to get mine all set up with new hubs, studs, lug nuts, races and bearings!

Wow good to know this now, wish I had known earlier, I can't believe how much money I wasted...

Some one should post this info into gen 4x4 or something, or this link. It could save alot of people alot of money...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Good idea, I posted it in the general forum.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I've always found the dealers to be the last place you wanted to go...price-wise.
I always thought the same, as do most people, but started checking with my brother first after he got a job in the parts department at a toyota dealer. Turns out almost anybody can get a wholesale discount there if they ask nicely and don't make an ass of themselves, and with the brother discount I was able to get a toyota tps for less than $70 shipped when vatozone wanted $178 :rolleyes:

I've heard of similar deals like you found through ford too, so it's always a good idea to call and compare dealer prices too. That's a smokin deal man!

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Sweet, a 4yr old awesome thread brought back from the dead. :rolleyes:

Not to bring it up again, but wtf, mods?

21 - 40 of 67 Posts