Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Your a 'Ford Lover'. Why in the hell would you contimplate leaf springs in the front of a 79 Bronco?...Oh, I get it, you can't figure out how to keep the coils/radius arms when installing the 60. Hint...Get a set of Duff's aftermarket C-bush wedges and put them on the 60.

· Registered
5,106 Posts
FearMe said:
Your a 'Ford Lover'. Why in the hell would you contimplate leaf springs in the front of a 79 Bronco?...Oh, I get it, you can't figure out how to keep the coils/radius arms when installing the 60. Hint...Get a set of Duff's aftermarket C-bush wedges and put them on the 60.

probably hoping he can bolt the leafs to the frame without any welding.

leafs suck
coils good.

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for all you jackasses that want to talk shit im fully aware of how to keep my radius arms if i wanted,but they break along with track bars that break and anyone knows a rig with leafs that is propperley set up will out flex a rig with coil springs any day. and to you jopes i wouldnt talk any shit have you looked at your rig lately especialy those tires you had on that thing last time i was at the con what a joke you blew two of them on the way out. This board is getting rediculious you cant even ask a simple question without people talking shit. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks alot azford someone of finally understand what im doing my main concern is the steering as i have an outboard steering box and i am concerned of the sping hittind the pitman arm and drag link under full compression that is why i posted in the begining

· Registered
5,106 Posts
I look @ my rig every day. :flipoff2:

the reason why the tires failed is they were rotted out. live and learn but now there are nice new iroks on there. :flipoff2:

· Registered
4,460 Posts
fordlover said:
my main concern is the steering as i have an outboard steering box and i am concerned of the sping hittind the pitman arm and drag link under full compression that is why i posted in the begining
Yep. I've seen this done with full hydro, or how 'bout a box from a '78 F150 Supercab? I think it was push/pull kinda like Chevy. 'Course I dunno if you could get the appropriate arm on your driver's side knuckle.

EDIT: either than that, its' an easy swap. Box the framehorns, get the front/front hangers from a late '70s F250 (or just make them out of square tube, 4x4 x .250 works great for 3" springs), burn a hole for the shackle pivot (shackle straddles the frame), voila you're done. Works because your framerails are basically straight

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i was hoping not to have to go to full hydro as i would still like to be able to drive it on the street every once in awhile but if i have to then thats what will happen. On the box you were talking about is that off a 2 wheel drive or four wheel drive truck? any help would be appreciated thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.