Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help im setting up a leaft spring set up and hp dana 60 in my 79 bronco, has anyone out there done this? if so any pics or info you might have to offer would be great thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Your a 'Ford Lover'. Why in the hell would you contimplate leaf springs in the front of a 79 Bronco?...Oh, I get it, you can't figure out how to keep the coils/radius arms when installing the 60. Hint...Get a set of Duff's aftermarket C-bush wedges and put them on the 60.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
FearMe said:
Your a 'Ford Lover'. Why in the hell would you contimplate leaf springs in the front of a 79 Bronco?...Oh, I get it, you can't figure out how to keep the coils/radius arms when installing the 60. Hint...Get a set of Duff's aftermarket C-bush wedges and put them on the 60.

probably hoping he can bolt the leafs to the frame without any welding.

leafs suck
coils good.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for all you jackasses that want to talk shit im fully aware of how to keep my radius arms if i wanted,but they break along with track bars that break and anyone knows a rig with leafs that is propperley set up will out flex a rig with coil springs any day. and to you jopes i wouldnt talk any shit have you looked at your rig lately especialy those tires you had on that thing last time i was at the con what a joke you blew two of them on the way out. This board is getting rediculious you cant even ask a simple question without people talking shit. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot azford someone of finally understand what im doing my main concern is the steering as i have an outboard steering box and i am concerned of the sping hittind the pitman arm and drag link under full compression that is why i posted in the begining

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
I look @ my rig every day. :flipoff2:

the reason why the tires failed is they were rotted out. live and learn but now there are nice new iroks on there. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
fordlover said:
my main concern is the steering as i have an outboard steering box and i am concerned of the sping hittind the pitman arm and drag link under full compression that is why i posted in the begining
Yep. I've seen this done with full hydro, or how 'bout a box from a '78 F150 Supercab? I think it was push/pull kinda like Chevy. 'Course I dunno if you could get the appropriate arm on your driver's side knuckle.

EDIT: either than that, its' an easy swap. Box the framehorns, get the front/front hangers from a late '70s F250 (or just make them out of square tube, 4x4 x .250 works great for 3" springs), burn a hole for the shackle pivot (shackle straddles the frame), voila you're done. Works because your framerails are basically straight

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i was hoping not to have to go to full hydro as i would still like to be able to drive it on the street every once in awhile but if i have to then thats what will happen. On the box you were talking about is that off a 2 wheel drive or four wheel drive truck? any help would be appreciated thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts