Pirate 4x4 banner

941 - 960 of 978 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
A couple of questions...for my 1979 rear Dana 60

Still have the Parking Brake calipers? They show as out of stock on your webpage.

What style of parking brake cables attach to the Parking Brake calipers? I'll figure out my lengths, etc - I'm just looking for the correct end crimp and spring dimensions.

From other reading I've done, there's some special setup for the parking brake calipers - your kit comes with those instructions?

·
Disc brake guru
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #944
A couple of questions...for my 1979 rear Dana 60

Still have the Parking Brake calipers? They show as out of stock on your webpage.

What style of parking brake cables attach to the Parking Brake calipers? I'll figure out my lengths, etc - I'm just looking for the correct end crimp and spring dimensions.

From other reading I've done, there's some special setup for the parking brake calipers - your kit comes with those instructions?
I am out of the normal parking brake calipers, but I still have the powder coated parking brake calipers.

It used the push though style cable. The cable pushes through a hole and has little fingers that spread and a ball on the end. If you are going to have custom made cables wait until after you get the kit in hand.

Yes it includes detailed instructions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 14 bolt that I'm completely going through. I'm wondering if my 16 1/2' rims would fit over the brake conversion, or am I going to have to buy new wheels and tires? 17's..

·
Disc brake guru
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #950
I have a 14 bolt that I'm completely going through. I'm wondering if my 16 1/2' rims would fit over the brake conversion, or am I going to have to buy new wheels and tires? 17's..
Yes your wheels will work fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you very much for the reply. An add came up on Facebook for the (4) 38.5x16 Gumbo mudders on 16.5 rims (8 on 6.5 lug pattern) for $200. I didn't know if they would or not. But for $200, I could resell them if need be.. Thank you again for the reply.

·
Disc brake guru
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #953
When will you have the parking brake calipers in stock? Every time I look they are out of stock.
I have 300 sets on order. They are supposed to be here the end of September, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a delay.

·
Disc brake guru
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #955
Does the 14 bolt kit have a required max wheel backspacing?
It depends in wheel size.

15" I recommend 3" or less. 3.5" is possible with grinding. More than 3.5" requires wheel spacers.

16" or bigger I have never seen a problem with backspacing.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
I have 300 sets on order. They are supposed to be here the end of September, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a delay.
Saw the delay. Is there a long wait line? Chances of getting some if I order?

Need some 14bolt calipers with Ebrake.

·
Disc brake guru
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #957
Saw the delay. Is there a long wait line? Chances of getting some if I order?

Need some 14bolt calipers with Ebrake.
Your chances are 100%. I have several people that have put them on back order. I just don't have an exact date. I am expecting them late September or early October.

Another option is to place the order with coupon code ebrake. I will ship everything but the bare left caliper. Several people have done that and have been able to source that caliper themself. The part number is 18-4117.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Your chances are 100%. I have several people that have put them on back order. I just don't have an exact date. I am expecting them late September or early October.

Another option is to place the order with coupon code ebrake. I will ship everything but the bare left caliper. Several people have done that and have been able to source that caliper themself. The part number is 18-4117.
I can take this to PM. I've already got a full disc brake setup, but I would like to put an E-brake back on it. Your kit is the E-brake caliper right? Or brake in hat style?

I've also get to be sure on what date range my 14bolt is. Been so long, I've forgotten.

·
Disc brake guru
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #959
I can take this to PM. I've already got a full disc brake setup, but I would like to put an E-brake back on it. Your kit is the E-brake caliper right? Or brake in hat style?

I've also get to be sure on what date range my 14bolt is. Been so long, I've forgotten.
Yes, PM would probably be best.

Date doesn't matter unless it's 87 or older. They made the older style brakes with drum behind the hub from 73-2000 and the newer brakes style with slide off drums from 88-2000.

My kit uses an emergency brake caliper from a 76 Cadillac Eldorado.

941 - 960 of 978 Posts