Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of 1 ton axles for my 91 K5 blazer and the perches are an inch off....3 of them look like a piece of cake to move ...the forth one is machined into the gearbox of the Dana 60 front end. Is there an easy way to fix this ? add a chunk of steel to the side of the housing?

Someone must have done this before!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Assuming these are from a Chevy, the front Dana 60 is a direct bolt-in for your '91, and the rear pearches on the 14B will have to be moved out to the correct position.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Sounds like you got a set of Dodge axles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Found the same post on CK5 and he says that they are out of a CUCV.

I think you need to use your tape measure again. Posts like this adds fuel to the fire that gets Newbies roasted.:D

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Somebody grab the lighter fluid.............:nuke:

The front will match up if its a chevy, the rear should be 40" centr to center, you need them to be 42" center to center. :flipoff2:

Charlo

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Derf00 said:
Found the same post on CK5 and he says that they are out of a CUCV.

I think you need to use your tape measure again. Posts like this adds fuel to the fire that gets Newbies roasted.:D

And I answered this question on CK5 by linking to pics over here and BillaVista's article. Even on PBB, the spring width on the front of a 73-91 GM is STILL 32". I guess conclusive proof isn't enough.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just for the record....i remeasured in the daylight today and the D60 measured 32 to the perch centers. I then measured the Blazer springs to 31.5?....well we'll call it close enough.

the 14b ff measured 40.5 to the perch centers and the springs on the Blazer were hard to measure but it looked pretty close to 42".

Thanks for the help guys...didnt mean to wind you up LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts