Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The way I read the dana 60 bible tech artical. It seems like all dodge dana 60 front axles with king pins, open knuckles and 30 spline outer stub shafts had 35 spline inner axle shafts is this true. I have a dodge dana 60 and am buying a locker and want to make sure I get the right one. Dont have time to pull the inner axles right now but I want to buy the locker tomorrow. I cant seem to find the ID plate on the axle.It is probably gone. the axle is leaf sprung and I am unsure what year dodge it came out of.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i belive all open knuckle front 60s have 35 spline inners, the old closed knuckle axles had 30 spline diffs though.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The way I read the dana 60 bible tech artical. It seems like all dodge dana 60 front axles with king pins, open knuckles and 30 spline outer stub shafts had 35 spline inner axle shafts is this true. I have a dodge dana 60 and am buying a locker and want to make sure I get the right one. Dont have time to pull the inner axles right now but I want to buy the locker tomorrow. I cant seem to find the ID plate on the axle.It is probably gone. the axle is leaf sprung and I am unsure what year dodge it came out of.
They don't have an ID tag, the numbers are stamped into the axle tube in 1/8" numbers. This will be the BoM number it will start with a 6 and it will be six digits long with a dash and then 1 or 2 more numbers. With the BoM number you will be able to go here: http://www2.dana.com/expert/wc.dll?cvsp~Deabill~ and find information on your axle.

Gus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts